B-Roll & Soundbites: Designing & Painting Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Cars
– Walt Disney Imagineers Ben Van Beusekon and Mary Mac Eachin explain the creative process behind designing and producing themed cars for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. As they explain, in addition to being a part of the attraction’s innovative new ride system that causes cars to swing back and forth while they travel down the track, ...
Disney VoluntEARS Bring Music to Kids’ Summer Camp
– This summer, dozens of Central Florida students are bringing more music into their lives with support from a group of Disney Cast Members who are donating time in the classroom and raising funds onstage for more kids to experience the joy of performing This summer, dozens of Central Florida students are bringing more music into ...
Disney VoluntEARS Paint Mural at Second Harvest
– When Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida opens its new distribution facility in just a few weeks, the building will feature a Disney-themed mural painted by Walt Disney Imagineers.
Hidden Mickeys: Inside Joke Has Become a ‘Guest Quest’ at WaltDisney World Resort
– As millions of guests scurry throughout Walt Disney World Resort to
see Mickey Mouse, little do they realize they may be passing him
right by. And though the Mickeys they miss are not the life-sized,
two-legged and three-fingered variety, they are "Hidden Mickeys" --
silhouettes and abstract images of Mickey Mouse cleverly hidden by
Disney Imagineers across the 47-square-mile Vacation Kingdom.
Hidden Mickeys: Inside Joke Has Become a ‘Guest Quest’ at Walt
Disney World Resort
– HIDDEN TREASURE — Can you spot Mickey? Walt Disney World Resort is filled with “hidden” Mickeys — silhouettes and abstract images of Mickey Mouse cleverly hidden by Walt Disney Imagineers across the Vacation Kingdom — including a Mickey-shaped pattern on a giraffe carved into Arusha Rock at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. HIDDEN TREASURE — Can ...
Disney Blends Imagination and Technology to Deliver Landmarks in Theme Park Innovation
– With the launch of the groundbreaking "Turtle Talk With Crush" attraction at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney has established yet another theme park landmark in keeping with Walt Disney's simple philosophy, "I believe in being an innovator."
Through a rich combination of storytelling, guest service, imagination and complex engineering born out of years of research and development, Disney's resorts around the world have become synonymous with cutting-edge achievements in themed entertainment since Disneyland opened in 1955.
Himalayan Village an Architectural Wonder That Welcomes Expedition Everest Adventurers
– Like mountain homes of the Himalayas, the rustic rammed-earth and stacked-stone buildings of mythical Serka Zong sag and buckle under the weight of time. But time cannot erase the beauty of the structures' intricately carved window frames nor the significance of the symbolic earth-based colors layered upon walls to protect against perceived dark forces.
Though situated on the Florida flatlands at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the mountain village anchoring the Expedition Everest attraction welcomes Walt Disney World guests with such architectural authenticity that those who've been to Nepal or Tibet can only nod in wonder.
‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ at Magic Kingdom
– Lights, Music, Special Effects, Action! LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Located in Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort, “Mickey’s PhilharMagic,” features the world’s largest seamless projection screen, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The screen measures 150 feet long and 24 feet high. The show begins with a concert hall proscenium measuring ...
Behind the Scenes at The American Adventure
– • The stage measures 130 by 50 feet, about half the size of a football field. • The “actors” in the show are Audio-Animatronics®, life-like figures designed and built by Walt Disney Imagineering. • The figures are made of the latest in micro-processors and other electronics, new plastics, and breakthrough materials. The production, five years ...
Audio-Animatronics Technology Brings Walt Disney World Shows to Life
– Who’s Bugging Who- Inside the massive trunk of Disney’s Animal Kingdom great icon, The Tree of Life, is a theater featuring “It’s Tough to be a Bug,” a humorous 3-D film/special effects show starring Earth’s least known wild creatures. Disney’s Animal Kingdom is located at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. (Disney) ...