Tasty meals with a side of sentimentality debut June 30 with new land
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (June 28, 2018) – Fun extends to food in the new Toy Story Land opening June 30 at the Walt Disney World Resort. Here, mealtime comes with a heavy helping of nostalgia, as Woody’s Lunch Box serves up classic on-the-go menu items with a creative twist.
Located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the new 11-acre land brings to life all the magic and fun of Pixar Animation Studios’ hit Toy Story films. In this land – inspired by Andy’s backyard – guests are honorary toys and set off for thrills and laughs on three signature attractions.
“Everyone has a special food memory, so it can be tricky putting a modern spin on the favorites,” explained Lenny DeGeorge, Concept Development Culinary Director for Walt Disney World. “We honored these classic dishes by using the best ingredients to elevate the flavors. How we constructed the sandwiches was important, such as layering the ingredients in a specific order, to maximize textures and flavors. Why have a cold sandwich when you can have a toasted, hot, gooey, cheese-filled one?”
With apologies to Mom, lunch-box cuisine was never like this!
S’more French Toast
Inspired by the classic American campfire treat, this breakfast sandwich oozes goodness in a chocolate ganache- and marshmallow-stuffed French toast topped with graham cracker crumbles.
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
To ensure a soft gooey middle, Disney chefs created a sharp cheddar cream cheese spread, layered in provolone and cheddar and wrapped the sandwich in garlic butter-grilled French bread.
BBQ Brisket Melt
With a nod to cowboy Woody, this Texas-style smoked brisket features cheddar, Monterey Jack, pickles, BBQ sauce and garlic butter-grilled sourdough.
This bite-sized treat combines potato barrels, corn chips, chili and queso.
Lunch Box Tarts
A modern interpretation of a breakfast toaster pastry as a hand-held dessert, these feature a uniquely delicate crust. Layer in high-quality ingredients for fillings, add a decorative garnish, and these tasty tarts beat anything Mom ever packed. Choice of Raspberry Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Dried Fruit and Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart garnished with Icing and Caramelized Bacon
Other menu options include:
- Smoked Turkey Sandwich – The quintessential lunch-box staple with tomato and lettuce on multigrain bread; to give it a kick, Disney chefs add a creamy Dijonnaise.
- Banana Split Yogurt Parfait – Layers of banana-vanilla Greek yogurt (with a hint of honey), fresh bananas, strawberries and pineapple topped with granola and chocolate chips make for a delicious way to start the day!
- Monte Cristo – Woody’s version of this classic sandwich has layers of ham, turkey, Swiss cheese, and raspberry jam, grilled to a golden brown.
- Kids’ Menu – Grilled cheese or turkey sandwich, both with potato barrels and mandarin oranges.
- Sides – Tomato basil soup, vegetable macaroni salad, potato barrels and Mini Babybel snack cheese, the Official Snack Cheese of Walt Disney World Resort.
In addition to fountain drinks and refreshing lemonade, beverage offerings include a classic Barq’s root beer float and a Mystic Portal Punch (PowerAde Mountain Berry Blast with flavors of lemon-lime and tangerine). For the big kids, there’s a Grown Up’s Lemonade with cherry vodka, Odwalla Lemonade, and black cherry purée.
Woody’s Lunch Box at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will dish up nostalgia daily beginning June 30 from park open until the toys close up shop – that is, park close. Disney Dining Plan accepted.