LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – From the windswept plains of an African savanna to the lush forests of the Pacific Northwest, from a South Seas dreamscape to the nostalgic charm of a seaside boardwalk, the Disney Resorts Collection transports Walt Disney World Resort guests to magical places during every moment of their vacation. Each location immerses guests in fantastical settings inspired by worlds both real and imagined.
The same legendary storytelling, attention to detail and dedicated service guests have come to expect in the Walt Disney World theme parks carries over seamlessly to lodging at these spectacular Disney Resort hotels. Thanks to the unique and varied experience each hotel of the Disney Resorts Collection offers, guests will discover Disney magic seemingly around every corner.
It’s magic that comes with exciting plusses, too:
- For a jumpstart on their Disney day, guests of Disney Resort hotels and other select hotels can enjoy early entry to any theme park, every day.*
- At the end of their day, Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resort hotel guests, as well as guests of other select hotels, are treated to even more time in the theme parks with extended evening hours on select nights at select theme parks.*
- For Disney Resort hotel guests, getting there is half the fun with complimentary transportation options. Travel on the sleek and world-famous Monorail, fly high in Disney Skyliner cabins, cruise serene waterways aboard water taxis or a nostalgic paddle-wheeler, or hop aboard one of the colorful Disney motor coaches. Guests can also start the day by getting their steps in – some Disney Resort hotels are within walking distance of a theme park.
- Whether a party of two or 12, guest rooms of the Disney Resorts Collection can accommodate everything from intimate getaways to extended family gatherings. Guests can customize their vacation planning in ways that fit a wide variety of party sizes and budgets.
- Guests may be surprised to see familiar Disney friends stopping by their Disney Resort hotel!
The Disney Resorts Collection continues to evolve, infusing more Disney touches and enhancing guest experiences across The Most Magical Place on Earth. Guests see that in new additions like Disney’s Riviera Resort and Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs
Resort, as well as reimagined spaces and dining at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. And there are uniquely Disney experiences like surprise character sightings, movies under the evening sky and much more.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Fresh as a sea breeze off the South Pacific, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort rises on the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon across from Magic Kingdom Park, transporting longtime fans and first-time guests to a romantic, tropical world of lush vegetation and thatched-roof charm.
Guest rooms are recently reimagined with a color palette inspired by the Pacific Ocean and its necklace of islands. Their fresh new look draws on the details, textures and patterns found in “Moana,” the blockbuster film from Walt Disney Animation Studios. Looking close, guests will find characters and references to the rich storytelling in “Moana.” Sands of the ocean floor inspired the bathroom tiles and the vanity’s carved details. Every corner of the resort radiates an Aloha spirit. Outdoor areas add to the special South Seas charm here – moonlit nights are like landing on an island oasis amid swaying tropical palms.
The resort also boasts a dramatic new porte cochere to enhance the arrival experience as guests pull up to the Great Ceremonial House. The inviting design features a high-pitched, open-truss roof covered in a thatch style with pops of color. The area’s new open and airy vibe is anchored by four chandeliers inspired by glass floats, fishing nets and oversized bamboo elements mirroring the chandelier inside the lobby. In addition, the Monorail station located above the porte cochere features new wooden screens with geometric patterns in tropical colors, adding to the overall ambience of the entrance.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
When Walt and Roy Disney dreamed of a magical new future at Walt Disney World Resort, part of that vision became reality with Disney’s Contemporary Resort. With the Monorail running right through its A-frame tower, the resort was an instant icon at The Most Magical Place on Earth – a tribute to the future of imagination and progress on the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.
Walt Disney Imagineering is continuing to build on the optimistic spirit of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, enhancing the retro-modern aesthetic evoking Tomorrowland with a dash of something Incredible, too.
Currently all guest rooms in the tower are being completely refurbished, blending a sleek Monorail motif with some favorite characters from Pixar Animation Studios’ Incredibles films, including Jack-Jack, Frozone and Edna Mode. New custom artwork in guest rooms and along corridors will be modern, futuristic and oh so stylish, dahling, complementing the resort’s architecture while putting the Supers’ powers on display.
In the lobby, guests see a collection of modern art pieces as well as historical, behind-the-scenes photographs of Disney’s Contemporary Resort in development and under construction. The resort’s lobby restaurant is aptly renamed Steakhouse 71, offering a reimagined dining experience.
From check-in to check-out, the Disney Resorts Collection at Walt Disney World offers a rich tapestry of experiences that complement and enhance the world-renowned Disney theme parks. For more on Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Contemporary Resort and the Disney Resorts Collection, visit DisneyWorld.com.
*Valid theme park admission, park reservation and Resort ID required