LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – During the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, guests can step in time by imagining themselves as one of the first to visit Magic Kingdom Park in October 1971. While some attractions may have received fresh pixie dust over the years, these experiences deliver magic today just as they did 50 years ago.
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Take in a view of iconic Cinderella Castle on a walk up Main Street, U.S.A., enjoying the castle’s new royal makeover and imagining it as it was on opening day.
- Discover a home in the sky when touring the Swiss Family Treehouse, a charming island abode built in a large leafy tree called a Disneyodendron semperflorens grandis (ever-blooming Disney tree).
- Check out the recent enhancements to the world-famous Jungle Cruise, where dangerous beasts and dry wit abound.
- Sing along with a lively menagerie of exotic birds, flowers and Tiki statues in Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
- Take a spirited tour of the Haunted Mansion, home to 999 happy haunts.
- Learn about the formation of the United States and the nation’s hard-fought struggles along the way in The Hall of Presidents.
- Journey through all seven continents of the world aboard “it’s a small world,” sailing past vivid, fantastical scenes representing the sights and sounds of dozens of nations.
- Have an “ear”-born adventure with Dumbo the Flying Elephant, as a jubilant organ accompanies a graceful trip through the Fantasyland sky.
- Celebrate a very merry unbirthday with the Mad Tea Party, sitting inside an oversized teacup to twirl through a wild wonderland of color and song.
- Set sail across the sky with Peter Pan’s Flight, boarding a pirate galleon to follow Peter Pan on a journey to Never Land.
- Enjoy a royal spin on Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, featuring 90 wood-carved ornate horses and one intricately carved chariot.
- Rev up for an exciting and scenic drive on the Tomorrowland Speedway, accelerating around sharp bends and lush foliage and winding past favorite attractions visible from the roadway.
“The World’s Most Magical Celebration” is an 18-month event beginning Oct. 1, 2021, honoring the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. More more information, visit WDWNews.com. Guests should visit DisneyWorld.com/50 and DisneyParksBlog.com, plus follow #DisneyWorld50 on social media platforms.