LAKE BUENA VISTA Fla. (March 23, 2022)— Just in time to light-up everyone’s summer nights, Disney H20 Glow After Hours returns to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon during Memorial Day Weekend with new elements designed to “glow up’’ the summer season.
The nighttime event starts May 28, and runs every Saturday through August 27. This year’s version will offer unique, vibrant décor, complimentary food and beverages and high-energy DJ dance parties that will transform the storm-strewn water paradise into a ‘light’ night party that creates the perfect nightcap for families visiting Walt Disney World Resort. And it will be even more magical since the nighttime event returns during “The World’s Most Magical Celebration”that began Oct. 1, honoring the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort.
Guests of Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can purchase tickets to H2O Glow After Hours on the Walt Disney World Resort website beginning March 29, with tickets on sale for the general public April 1. It’s a limited-capacity and separately-ticketed event that does not require an additional day’s water park ticket or Disney Park Pass reservation, and provides guests with lower wait times for their favorite attractions.
It’s Time to Light-up Summer
The glowing guest-favorite party allows families to enjoy a luminous tropical oasis three hours after the water park closes to day guests, giving guests easier access to their favorite attractions. Event details include:
- Gates open at 6 pm with the event running from 8 pm to 11 pm.
- Pre-sale tickets are available for resort guests on Tuesday, March 29
- General public sale tickets available on Friday, April 1
- Limited tickets available on select nights
Enjoy “Glow”rious Experiences
Disney H20 Glow After Hours gives guests the chance to have many “glow”rious experiences. Perks of the exclusive party includes:
- Favorite attractions open after hours
- New glow lighting effects and décor
- High-energy DJ dance parties
- Exclusive adult-only area
- Complimentary glow wristbands
- Complimentary ice cream treats, popcorn and selected beverages
- Exclusive glow-themed food and beverage
Experience Attractions After Hours
Guests can enjoy popular attractions and features of the water park in a light like never before. From exhilarating slides, flumes and wet and “water-ful’’ play spaces, the after hours event includes spaces for each member of the family to enjoy. Some guest favorites are:
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool is the largest wave pool in North America and guests can catch the perfect curl while body surfing on the perfect wave every time.
- Miss Adventure Falls, the fast-paced family raft attraction was created when a sea-faring treasure hunter got her haul caught in a rogue typhoon, which scattered her treasure across this tropical paradise years ago.
- Crush n’ Gusher, a thrilling “water coaster” that features three 400-foot-long tube slides named for the various fruits they once transported.
- Castaway Creek is a scenic lazy river that encircles the entire water park, offering gentle passage past shady grottoes, gushing waterfalls, overhead rope bridges and lush rainforest landscapes.
- Humunga Kowabunga offers a choice of three adrenaline-filled body slides set against the steep inclines of Mount Mayday.
For more information about Walt Disney World Resort Water Parks and “The World’s Most Magical Celebration,” visit WDWNews.com.
About Walt Disney World Resort Water Parks
Our water parks have something that makes them unlike anything else on earth: they’re drenched in Disney magic. You’re immersed in fantastic stories that transform you from a brave thrill seeker to a relaxed chill seeker. Here at Disney water parks, there’s magic in every drop. That same magic turned the remnants of a tropical storm into a tropical paradise—Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park. Challenge twisting slides shoot the Crush ’n’ Gusher water coaster and ride the surf at the largest wave pool around. Chill out on a family raft ride, a sandy beach or on a lazy float around a creek. And no place is cooler for preschoolers than Ketchakiddee Creek.
Alexis Mack, Walt Disney World Public Relations