Grandparents Offer Helpful Tips For Multigenerational Travel to Disney
Lake Buena Vista, Fla. – With family-friendly attractions and character dining to exhilarating entertainment and nighttime spectaculars, Walt Disney World Resort is the place for families to bond and celebrate together. Multigenerational family vacations at the magical 47-square mile resort allow grandparents to make magical memories and embrace the childlike wonder of a Disney vacation through the eyes of a child.
Here’s a few vacation tips and words of wisdom from grandparents visiting Walt Disney World Resort:
- Our grandchildren love the [Disney] characters so we try to go to the character breakfasts. And we hit all [four] parks because everybody has their favorite rides.
Sharon from Mullica, N.J.
- The big tip is to plan ahead and understand the layout of the [theme parks] and how [FastPass+] works because when you get here, you’re going to spend some time figuring out how things operate.
Jerry from Huntsville, Ala.
- You really have to plan and think out what you’re day is going to be and things are going to go smoothly. And ponchos. Make sure you have rain ponchos.
Beth from Carney, N.J.
- The best way is to come to the [theme parks] early and then go back to the pool and relax and enjoy it.
Arnon from New Rochelle, N.Y.
- I’m not one for the fast rides with the adults, so I like going on Dumbo [The Flying Elephant] and a couple of the other children’s rides with [my grandson], and seeing his enjoyment of it is enjoyment for me.
Bill from Kearny, N.J.
- Just love your grandchildren and have a lot of patience. Traveling together we have a lot of laughs.
Patricia from Miami, Fla.
- Take your time with your children or grandchildren. See it through their eyes and let them experience it.
Linn from Woodbridge, V.A.
- Plan out the trip before you come. That’s important. Or find someone to plan it so all you need to do is follow.
Ron from Mullica, N.J.
For more information about multigenerational travel and packages to Walt Disney World Resort, guests can visit DisneyWorld.com/GrandAdventure.