LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – This season, the “bah-humbug” hassle of holiday shopping becomes a joyful family celebration at Disney Springs. Like nowhere else, the holidays come to life at this one-of-a-kind retail, dining and entertainment complex complete with sparkling holiday décor, unique gift-giving (and gift-getting) ideas, tantalizing treats, special entertainment and more.
Only at Disney Springs at the Walt Disney World Resort can the entire family join together in the holiday shopping experience while also creating new family traditions and memories. There are more than 150 locations to explore. And around every corner, Disney Springs is wrapped and ready for the season with strolling carolers, living statues, themed stilt walkers and live music adding to the festive atmosphere.
Here’s a sampling of what’s new this holiday season:
- An Even Bigger Christmas Tree Trail – To capture the spirit of the season, guests can stroll among an even bigger Christmas Tree Trail. Twenty-five custom decorated holiday trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme, will be on display including 10 new trees inspired by Disney classics like Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo.
- Santa’s Chalet – Santa Claus is accepting Christmas wish lists and welcoming guests to his chalet newly located by the Christmas Tree Trail now through Dec. 24.
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt – Stitch returns to Disney Springs with an expanded scavenger hunt now featuring 16 stops, including a special stop at the even-bigger Christmas Tree Trail.
- Meet & Greet with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear – This huggable eight-foot tall brand ambassador is available for holiday photos on the second floor of The Coca-Cola Store.
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil: This gravity-defying, jaw-dropping show takes its final bow on Dec. 31. Limited tickets are available at CirqueduSoleil.com/la-nouba. Since its premiere, La Nouba has entertained more than 11 million guests and performed more than 8,600 shows.
One-stop holiday shopping
From top-name brands and one-of-a-kind retailers to Disney-inspired merchandise, there’s something for everyone – and every stocking – at Disney Springs.
Trendsetters will find unique apparel and gift items at UNIQLO, Under Armour Brand House, Marketplace Co-Op, PANDORA, Sephora and Sugarboo & Co. Disney fans can select from a cornucopia of choices at The LEGO Store, Star Wars Galactic Outpost and World of Disney, the world’s largest Disney merchandise store featuring more than 50,000 different items.
For Star Wars fans on the list, tickets are now on sale for the highly anticipated hyper-reality experience, Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, debuting at Disney Springs on Dec. 16.
For up-to-date information on special offers throughout the holiday season, visit disneysprings.com.
Indulgent treats and family feasts
Holidays are all about gathering around a table with family and friends. Kids of all ages will love indulging their sweet tooth at Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop. Busy shoppers can take a break and enjoy a satisfying meal at Blaze Fast Fire’d Pizza or D-Luxe Burger.
For those large gatherings when no one wants to cook, families and friends can treat each other to a night out at one of Disney Springs’ signature restaurants. Menus feature everything from steak and seafood to home-style favorites, many created by celebrity and award-winning chefs. New offerings since last holiday season include Paddlefish, Planet Hollywood Observatory and Polite Pig. Call (407) WDW-DINE for dining information and reservations.
Complimentary self-parking is available at all Disney Springs garages and surface lots. Walt Disney World Resort guests enjoy complimentary transportation between their Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs.
About Disney Springs
Disney Springs is a one-of-a-kind retail, dining and entertainment district located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. With its namesake springs, beautiful open-air promenades and lakefront setting, Disney Springs evokes the charm of Florida waterfront towns at the turn of the 20th century. It’s also home to a collection of more than 150 shops and restaurants, including top-name retail brands, specialty boutiques and dining experiences created by celebrity and award-winning chefs. Located in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., Disney Springs is open daily.