BURBANK, Calif. (May 17, 2017) – Adventures by Disney, a leader in guided group travel worldwide, recently revealed an action-packed new vacation to debut in 2018 – Iceland. This first-ever itinerary to one of the world’s most majestic and storied countries will add to the company’s existing portfolio of more than three dozen family vacation destinations around the world, including newly reimagined trips through the scenic countries of Germany, Ireland and Costa Rica.
Adventure Through the Land of Fire and Ice
In 2018, travelers will navigate the diverse landscapes of Iceland, exploring the natural wonders of majestic waterfalls, massive glaciers and stunning volcanos. Rich Icelandic culture and unparalleled natural beauty join forces on this new 8-day, 7-night vacation.
- Experience the splendor of Iceland’s Golden Circle with visits to the iconic Thingvellir National Park, Goðafoss waterfall and Kerið crater.
- Unwind, relax and indulge at the soothing Blue Lagoon and Mývatn Nature Baths.
- Come face-to-face with magnificent glaciers on a scenic cruise, and hike on the massive icecaps themselves.
- Trot through the scenic countryside on Icelandic horses.
- Embark on a humpback whale-watching expedition, capturing the experience in your mind’s eye and your camera’s lens.
- Savor unique culinary experiences and the stories behind them, such as learning to make bread baked using geothermal heat, and discovering the secret to Iceland’s traditional smoking process.
- Embark on a whitewater rafting adventure through the glacial river of Skagafjörður.
- Hike along, and even behind, some of the region’s most captivating waterfalls, including Seljalandsfoss and Goðafoss.
- Journey to the past while being immersed in rich Icelandic Viking heritage and exploring traditional turf houses.
“We’re excited to offer travelers the opportunity to explore the incredibly popular destination of Iceland in uniquely enriching ways,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “With Adventures by Disney, families can experience this beautiful country, it’s iconic sights and cultural destinations like never before during a completely hassle-free vacation experience. Disney storytelling, engaging, active experiences and breathtaking natural wonders combine to make this one of our most remarkable itineraries to date.”
Discover Iconic Cities and Hidden Gems in Germany, Costa Rica and Ireland
Other popular destinations have also undergone itinerary revisions and additions for 2018. Enhancements to the Germany, Costa Rica and Ireland vacations focus on further enriching an already robust lineup of authentic experiences and local storytelling. Highlights of the reimagined Germany itinerary introduce first-ever experiences centered in Berlin, Ireland adds cultural activities such as learning the ancient sport of hurling, and Costa Rica takes travlers on explorations through the hidden gem of Caño Negro. These additions are sure to surprise and delight even the most seasoned travelers.
Travelers will also see an increase in departure date options for North American vacation offerings from Adventures by Disney in 2018, solidifying the company’s focus on making it easy for families to explore the American “Great Outdoors” together.
Bookings for all 2018 vacations open May 19, 2017. Call 1-800-543-0865 or contact a travel agent to book. For more information on the itineraries offered and activities included on an Adventures by Disney vacation, visit AdventuresByDisney.com.
About Adventures by Disney
Launched in 2005, Adventures by Disney provides immersive, hassle-free group guided vacation experiences to destinations on six continents. Families traveling with Adventures by Disney receive exceptional service while taking part in extraordinary and customized experiences at locations including: the South African plains, the great cities of Europe, Costa Rica’s rich rainforest, the ruins of Pompeii and Machu Picchu, Australia’s Outback, the Great Wall of China and some of America’s most iconic destinations.
Adventures by Disney has been recognized by numerous travel organizations for its excellence in family tourism. In Cruise Critic’s 2016 Editors’ Picks, Adventures by Disney river cruises were honored as the Best River Cruise Line for Families. It was also recently voted Top “Adventure” Tour Operator in the Travel Weekly 2016 Readers Choice Awards, and was previously named North America’s Leading Tour Operator at the 2014 World Travel Awards. Adventures by Disney was also named World’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator in the 2012, 2010 and 2009 World Travel Awards, and ranked No. 1 among Tour Operators and Safari Outfitters for Families in 2011 by Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards.
Offering Disney-trained Adventure Guides on each trip, engaging activities, VIP experiences and personal touches throughout, Adventures by Disney vacations are crafted to excite and delight everyone. Visit AdventuresByDisney.com to learn more.
Public Relations Manager