1 of 5
New Year’s Eve at Walt Disney World Resort
Guests Strike Up Fun at Splitsville Luxury Lanes
Toasting the New Year
Private: IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
B-Roll: Disney New Year’s Eve Fireworks
- New Year's Eve is one of the biggest fireworks evenings of the year at Walt Disney World Resort, a place where fireworks are both spectacular and an every-night occurrence. Fireworks and nighttime shows will light up the skies and create a mood of celebration on Dec. 31, while revelry of other sorts takes place elsewhere throughout the Vacation Kingdom. (Kent Phillips, photographer)
- The newest entertainment destination to join Disney Springs West Side, Splitsville Luxury Lanes shines the spotlight on boutique bowling with a full-scale restaurant and entertainment center complete with 30 high-tech bowling lanes, outdoor seating and live entertainment. With two floors, two patios and two sushi bars, Splitsville guests can bowl and dine lane-side, or skip the lanes for full-service dining inside or on the patio. Located at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., Splitsville is open to guests from 10 a.m. until 2 a.m. (Kent Phillips, photographer)
- Walt Disney World guests can count down to midnight and ring in the new year with a dazzling display of entertainment, parades, fireworks and extended hours throughout the Vacation Kingdom on New Year's Eve. (Diana Zalucky, photographer)
- Spectacular fireworks synchronized to a symphonic score burst above Epcot's World Showcase Lagoon during IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Lasers, a revolving Earth globe and leaping flames co-star in the spectacle for Walt Disney World Resort guests. (Disney)
- Continuing a grand Disney tradition from past years (file video), New Year's Eve (December 31, 2012) is one of the biggest fireworks evenings of the year at Walt Disney World Resort, a place where fireworks are both spectacular and an every-night event. Magic Kingdom presents "Holiday Wishes" at 8:30 p.m. and the classic "Fantasy in the Sky" fireworks display at 11:50 p.m. Epcot's "IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth" salutes the approaching 2013 at 6:30 and 11:40 p.m. At Disney's Hollywood Studios, the 25-minute spectacular "Fantasmic!" will be presented at 6:30, 8 and 10 p.m., with the popular "Lights! Camera! Happy New Year!" fireworks display at midnight.