Returning Special Event Will Feature Out-Of-This-World Entertainment, Character Encounters and Fun Galore
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Star Wars fans across the galaxy, get ready for a special Disney party you won’t want to miss.
Following a sold-out event last April, Star Wars: Galactic Nights
returns Dec. 16 to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This gala evening will be filled with out-of-this-world entertainment celebrating the entire Star Wars saga, including special guest appearances by Star Wars celebrities. Favorite film moments, special effects and, of course, the epic Star Wars cinematic score will fill the park all evening long.
Among the many thrills in store, guests will be treated to a red-carpet arrival, iconic attractions with little to no wait time, amazing fireworks and projections, and experts sharing details about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, an entirely new land coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.
Hyperdrive powers the night with (entertainment subject to change):
- The Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will both be enhanced with special elements from the entire saga. In between, a DJ will keep things spinning at Center Stage for a Star Wars dance party.
- The Epic Theater plays host to a special, celebrity-led panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Experts from Walt Disney Imagineering and Lucasfilm will share some of the excitement coming to the 14-acre Star Wars-inspired expansion opening in 2019 at Disneyland Park in California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. Panelists will be joined by Warwick Davis, beloved by Star Wars fans since appearing as Wicket the Ewok in “Return of the Jedi” among many Lucasfilm roles. Actor David Collins will host the special insider’s look.
- Park-wide, guests will step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including a new backdrop inspired by Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars: Galactic Nights features encounters with Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and stunning projection effects on park icons such as the Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Tower, whose façade will transform to showcase stunning locations from across the galaxy. At Star Wars Launch Bay, the theme park’s home base for Star Wars fandom, guests will meet denizens from the light and dark side of The Force.
- Darth Vader and a battalion of Imperial Stormtroopers will march menacingly down Hollywood Boulevard.
- Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Select park attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continues, guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
- Guests are encouraged to come dressed in their finest Star Wars costumes, however, masks may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older. Arriving park guests will walk a red carpet that runs the length of Hollywood Boulevard. The street itself will be dressed in all the trappings of a Tinseltown premiere.
Callers to 407 WDW-PLAY (407 939-7529) will be able to sign on for premium offerings such as a Galactic Tasting Sampler (food-and-beverage items including lightsaber churros and a charcuterie with C3PO crackers).
Park access and activities will be exclusive to Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket holders. Event hours on Dec. 16 are 7 p.m.-midnight. Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9 (discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members). Purchase tickets at DisneyWorld.com or call 407-W-DISNEY (407 934-7639).
April’s event sold out; guests are encouraged to book now for Dec. 16 – a date not far, far away.