Fort Wilderness Fact Sheet
– Historical Dates: Nov. 19, 1971 – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground opens. 1973 – The Fort Wilderness Railroad begins offering steam train transportation service to guests staying at the campground. 1974 – Pioneer Hall opens in Fort Wilderness at Walt Disney World Resort. 1974 – An original version of “Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue” opens at ...
Asian-Inspired Cuisine at Disney’s Polynesian Resort
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Gardens thick with coconut palms and orchids, volcanic rock waterfalls, white-sand beaches and Polynesian music set the stage at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, home of Kona Café and ‘Ohana. The energetic, casual Kona is awash in warm colors with brilliant ceramic tilework, hammered ironwork and distinctive lighting. Center stage ...
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Fact Sheet
– Overview: Hand-carved furnishings, rich wood and vibrant colors at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge offer Walt Disney World guests the finest in authentic African architecture and design. Guests are immersed in an environment inspired by the cultural splendor and picturesque beauty of an African wildlife reserve. Many of the resort’s guest rooms feature balconies overlooking savannas ...
Zawadi Marketplace Celebrates African Art and Culture At Disney’s
Animal Kingdom Lodge
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, guests on a “gift safari” venture into a realm where each treasure and trinket tells a tale in a fusion of vibrant colors and bold textures. Zawadi Marketplace, the signature retail shop at Disney’s newest deluxe resort, celebrates the romantic and adventuresome spirit of Africa ...
Dining Offers World Tour of Tastes at Walt Disney World Resorts
– Dining at Disney is the latest E-ticket ride, as fantastic food
has become an integral -- and exhilarating -- part of the vacation
experience. Some of Florida's finest restaurants are in the Disney
resort hotels, from the five-diamond Victoria & Albert's to the
sensational cuisine at California Grill.