Grand Floridian Restaurants: Something for Everyone
– Whether it's a romantic dinner for two
in the intimate setting of a private boat, or a huge dinner buffet
hosted by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, the restaurants at Disney's
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World Resort
provide an atmosphere and menu to satisfy any appetite.
Fort Wilderness Fact Sheet
– Historical Dates: Nov. 19, 1971 – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground opens. 1973 – The Fort Wilderness Railroad begins offering steam train transportation service to guests staying at the campground. 1974 – Pioneer Hall opens in Fort Wilderness at Walt Disney World Resort. 1974 – An original version of “Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue” opens at ...
Zawadi Marketplace Celebrates African Art and Culture At Disney’s
Animal Kingdom Lodge
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, guests on a “gift safari” venture into a realm where each treasure and trinket tells a tale in a fusion of vibrant colors and bold textures. Zawadi Marketplace, the signature retail shop at Disney’s newest deluxe resort, celebrates the romantic and adventuresome spirit of Africa ...
Dining Offers World Tour of Tastes at Walt Disney World Resorts
– Dining at Disney is the latest E-ticket ride, as fantastic food
has become an integral -- and exhilarating -- part of the vacation
experience. Some of Florida's finest restaurants are in the Disney
resort hotels, from the five-diamond Victoria & Albert's to the
sensational cuisine at California Grill.
Asian-Inspired Cuisine at Disney’s Polynesian Resort
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Gardens thick with coconut palms and orchids, volcanic rock waterfalls, white-sand beaches and Polynesian music set the stage at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, home of Kona Café and ‘Ohana. The energetic, casual Kona is awash in warm colors with brilliant ceramic tilework, hammered ironwork and distinctive lighting. Center stage ...
Disney’s BoardWalk Architecture Recalls a Golden Era of American Styles
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Time was, families gathered at Atlantic beach towns to stroll the boardwalks in search of entertainment. That was just about a century ago, in the golden era of amusement parks, when Ferris wheels and carousels were set out on vast piers protruding into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a giddy, ...
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
– The bowling pins are six stories high, a colossal yo-yo pokes above the roofline of a four-story building. Eye-catching, out-sized icons are everywhere, from silhouettes of sock hop dancers and Pac-Man on balcony railings to gargantuan cans of Play Doh next to the Hippy Dippy Pool. Guests at Disney's Pop Century Resort smile and point as they stroll past architectural detail rendered literally on 10 lodge buildings.