Hidden Mickeys: Inside Joke Has Become a ‘Guest Quest’ at WaltDisney World Resort
– As millions of guests scurry throughout Walt Disney World Resort to
see Mickey Mouse, little do they realize they may be passing him
right by. And though the Mickeys they miss are not the life-sized,
two-legged and three-fingered variety, they are "Hidden Mickeys" --
silhouettes and abstract images of Mickey Mouse cleverly hidden by
Disney Imagineers across the 47-square-mile Vacation Kingdom.
Disney Blends Imagination and Technology to Deliver Landmarks in Theme Park Innovation
– With the launch of the groundbreaking "Turtle Talk With Crush" attraction at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney has established yet another theme park landmark in keeping with Walt Disney's simple philosophy, "I believe in being an innovator."
Through a rich combination of storytelling, guest service, imagination and complex engineering born out of years of research and development, Disney's resorts around the world have become synonymous with cutting-edge achievements in themed entertainment since Disneyland opened in 1955.
Himalayan Village an Architectural Wonder That Welcomes Expedition Everest Adventurers
– Like mountain homes of the Himalayas, the rustic rammed-earth and stacked-stone buildings of mythical Serka Zong sag and buckle under the weight of time. But time cannot erase the beauty of the structures' intricately carved window frames nor the significance of the symbolic earth-based colors layered upon walls to protect against perceived dark forces.
Though situated on the Florida flatlands at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the mountain village anchoring the Expedition Everest attraction welcomes Walt Disney World guests with such architectural authenticity that those who've been to Nepal or Tibet can only nod in wonder.
‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ at Magic Kingdom
– Lights, Music, Special Effects, Action! LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Located in Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort, “Mickey’s PhilharMagic,” features the world’s largest seamless projection screen, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The screen measures 150 feet long and 24 feet high. The show begins with a concert hall proscenium measuring ...
Behind the Scenes at The American Adventure
– • The stage measures 130 by 50 feet, about half the size of a football field. • The “actors” in the show are Audio-Animatronics®, life-like figures designed and built by Walt Disney Imagineering. • The figures are made of the latest in micro-processors and other electronics, new plastics, and breakthrough materials. The production, five years ...
Disney’s BoardWalk Architecture Recalls a Golden Era of American Styles
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Time was, families gathered at Atlantic beach towns to stroll the boardwalks in search of entertainment. That was just about a century ago, in the golden era of amusement parks, when Ferris wheels and carousels were set out on vast piers protruding into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a giddy, ...