Disney Engineers Coach College Bowl Team To Victory
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., Oct. 16, 2013 – Students coached by Disney engineers took home the top honors from the 14th annual College Bowl during the HENAAC conference in New Orleans. One highlight from the annual conference held by Great Minds in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) was the team’s creation of a fantastical ...
Central Florida Students Help Open IBM THINK Exhibit at INNOVENTIONS
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., Feb. 21, 2013 – Just in time tocelebrate National Engineers Week,dozens of students from University High School in Orlando teamed withIBM to unveil IBM THINK, a new interactive experience in INNOVENTIONS West at Epcot. As part of the opening, the group was among the first to explore the exhibit and try ...
Soarin’: The Making of a Free-Flight Fantasy
– Inside the Technology LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Walt Disney World Resort takes Epcot guests on a high-flying magical journey that sweeps them up, over and across the richly diverse landscape of California. Never before Soarin’ has anyone had the opportunity to view the Golden State from a bird’s-eye view with such an extraordinary sensation ...
Technical Magic Brings
– "Mickey's PhilharMagic," presented by Kodak, features the worlds' largest seamless projection screen in the world, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The show begins with a concert hall proscenium, gradually expanding, resulting in an experience that embraces the audience in a 165-degree musical extravaganza. As the theater magically "disappears," guests become immersed in the imagery and performance, experiencing favorite Disney characters in an entirely new way.
Disney Blends Imagination and Technology to Deliver Landmarks in Theme Park Innovation
– With the launch of the groundbreaking "Turtle Talk With Crush" attraction at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney has established yet another theme park landmark in keeping with Walt Disney's simple philosophy, "I believe in being an innovator."
Through a rich combination of storytelling, guest service, imagination and complex engineering born out of years of research and development, Disney's resorts around the world have become synonymous with cutting-edge achievements in themed entertainment since Disneyland opened in 1955.
Mission: SPACE . . . Launching an Adventure Through Technology
– Creating a first-of-its kind attraction that would combine unique aerospace technology with classic Disney storytelling presented a world of technical challenges to Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative development and design arm of the Disney theme parks. Specifically, how would Imagineers use technology to create a realistic experience of rocketing to Mars? The answers are found in technical know-how and innovation, research and consultation with space professionals, and a dramatic storyline inviting guests to explore a new world.