– One of the most beloved attractions at Magic Kingdom, "it's a small world," recently received an extreme makeover -- of sorts.
The classic Disney attraction, inspired by a similar Disneyland theme park attraction, was brought to Florida for the Grand Opening of Walt Disney World Resort in 1971. Thirtysomething years later, it got a makeover that includes d
Magic Kingdom Fast Facts
– Following the success of Disneyland, which opened in 1955, entertainment pioneer Walt Disney (1901-66) set his sights on what he called his company's "most exciting and challenging assignment" -- the creation of a vast vacation paradise known today as Walt Disney World Resort. Walt's dream was realized when Magic Kingdom, the first of four theme parks at the sprawling Florida site, opened Oct. 1, 1971.
Mickey, Donald, Other Disney Characters Jump Off the Screen in Magic Kingdom Attraction
– Disney magic meets Disney music in a new 3-D film spectacular at Magic Kingdom. "Mickey's PhilharMagic," presented by Kodak, stars Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and other favorite Disney characters animated in a way they've never before been seen: grand, glorious, in-your-face, three-dimension -- with the added fourth dimension of astonishing in-theater effects.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Whisks Riders on the Wildest Ride in the West
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Hang on to your hats, cowboys (and cowgirls), aboard this runaway train through the Old West on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Walt Disney World Resort. The landmark attraction in the heart of Frontierland transports Magic Kingdom guests on a harrowing journey through an abandoned gold mine, with red stone slopes, mysterious caverns, spiraling buttes and fun-filled adventures along the way.
‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ – Fun Facts
– "Mickey’s PhilharMagic" features one of the largest seamless projection screens in the world, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The screen measures 150 feet long and 28 feet high. Donald’s voice as heard in the show was created out of classic performances from the past by Clarence "Ducky" Nash, the original voice ...
‘Wishes’ – Fast Facts
– Bursting with color, sound and emotion, "Wishes" is the biggest fireworks spectacular ever presented at Magic Kingdom. Narrated by the voice of Jiminy Cricket with help from the Blue Fairy, the dazzling display weaves a thrilling "story in the sky" for Walt Disney World guests with hundreds of brilliant pyrotechnic effects exploding above and around Cinderella Castle.
Technical Magic Brings
– "Mickey's PhilharMagic," presented by Kodak, features the worlds' largest seamless projection screen in the world, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The show begins with a concert hall proscenium, gradually expanding, resulting in an experience that embraces the audience in a 165-degree musical extravaganza. As the theater magically "disappears," guests become immersed in the imagery and performance, experiencing favorite Disney characters in an entirely new way.