Millions of Smiles Later, Walt Disney World Marks its 40th Anniversary, Primed for an Exciting Future
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Oct. 1, 2011) – Anchored by the Mouse “who started it all,” Walt Disney World Resort marked its 40th anniversary Saturday with a gala procession fronted by characters parading up Main Street, U.S.A. to a colorful celebration in front of Cinderella Castle. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald, Pluto and all ...
Harmony Barber Shop, a Cut Above the Rest for Walt Disney World Resort Guests
– Sit back in the good ol' barber's chair and get ready for a good old-fashioned haircut at Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street, U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom. Located near the Emporium gift shop with a signature candy-striped pole outside, Harmony Barber Shop transports Walt Disney World guests to a simpler time ... a time when barbershop quartets entertained with harmonic tunes and when getting a haircut (or two) was a real treat.
The Pirates League Sets Sail in Magic Kingdom
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Calling all scoundrels, rogues and ne’er-do-wells – Captain Jack and his crew want you. You can drop anchor in Adventureland with your favorite Disney pirates at Magic Kingdom for The Pirates League, recruiting and training Walt Disney World guests ages 3 and up in the scurrilous ways of buccaneers. Each ...
Walt Disney World Guests Create Custom Mouse Ear Hats With the New
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Every Kingdom has its crown jewels, and Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort is no different. But don’t expect rubies or spires of gold: The jewels here — those famous Mouse Ear hats — come with a little extra “character.” Guests are finding a new, customized way to enjoy ...
Cinderella Castle: Regal Icon of Walt Disney World Resort
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — It inspires awe and wonderment. Its fairy-tale finesse captures the imagination of millions of Disney guests every year. Lights bathe it in rainbow hues, and Tinker Bell flies gracefully from its turrets. Hundreds of fireworks perform a celebratory dance above it. Once, it was transformed into a giant pink birthday ...
Eating Around ‘The World’: A Guide to Walt Disney World Theme Park
– People can eat themselves out of house and home, eat until they can't take another bite, or eat to their heart's content. But eating around the world? It's a thought that might make even the greatest gourmand wince.
Eating around the world is a much easier task if "the world" is Walt Disney World Resort, home to at least 60 theme park and resort table-service restaurants.
Magic Kingdom Brings Fantasy to Life For Walt Disney World Guests
– Seven happy lands transport guests to worlds of fantasy, adventure and wonder at Magic Kingdom, the first of four theme parks that comprise the world's No. 1 vacation destination -- Walt Disney World Resort.
Nestled on the shores of the picturesque Seven Seas Lagoon, Magic Kingdom opened its gates Oct. 1, 1971, and has created smiles, laughter and fond memories for millions of guests ever since.