Did You Know? Fun Facts About Walt Disney
– Walt Disney was an entertainment pioneer, introducing families to
groundbreaking cartoons, feature films, theme parks and more. Most
everyone knows when he was born (in Chicago on Dec. 5, 1901), his
first motion picture (a 1928 short titled "Steamboat Willie") and
his other landmark family-entertainment ventures ("The Mickey Mouse
Club," "Davy Crockett" and "The Wonderful World of Disney").
Disney Gardeners Reveal How to Bring Home the Blooms
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Hundreds of acres of lovingly tended displays brighten the Vacation Kingdom throughout the year, with the pinnacle of petals bursting forth in an unmatched color show each spring at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival at Walt Disney World Resort. How do the Disney gardeners do it? Better yet, ...
Walt Disney: Quote . . . Unquote
– "To the youngsters of today, I say believe in the future, the world
is getting better; there still is plenty of opportunity. Why, would
you believe it, when I was a kid I thought it was already too late
for me to make good at anything."
Walt Disney – Biography
– During a 43-year Hollywood career, which spanned the development of the motion picture medium as a modern American art, Walter Elias Disney, a modern Aesop, established himself and his product as a genuine part of Americana. David Low, the late British political cartoonist, called Disney “the most significant figure in graphic arts since Leonardo.” A ...
Himalayan Village an Architectural Wonder That Welcomes Expedition Everest Adventurers
– Like mountain homes of the Himalayas, the rustic rammed-earth and stacked-stone buildings of mythical Serka Zong sag and buckle under the weight of time. But time cannot erase the beauty of the structures' intricately carved window frames nor the significance of the symbolic earth-based colors layered upon walls to protect against perceived dark forces.
Though situated on the Florida flatlands at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the mountain village anchoring the Expedition Everest attraction welcomes Walt Disney World guests with such architectural authenticity that those who've been to Nepal or Tibet can only nod in wonder.
Disney Blends Imagination and Technology to Deliver Landmarks in Theme Park Innovation
– With the launch of the groundbreaking "Turtle Talk With Crush" attraction at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney has established yet another theme park landmark in keeping with Walt Disney's simple philosophy, "I believe in being an innovator."
Through a rich combination of storytelling, guest service, imagination and complex engineering born out of years of research and development, Disney's resorts around the world have become synonymous with cutting-edge achievements in themed entertainment since Disneyland opened in 1955.
‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ – Fun Facts
– "Mickey’s PhilharMagic" features one of the largest seamless projection screens in the world, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The screen measures 150 feet long and 28 feet high. Donald’s voice as heard in the show was created out of classic performances from the past by Clarence "Ducky" Nash, the original voice ...