Walt Disney’s Love of Trains Lives On at Walt Disney World Resort
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Walt Disney was always fascinated by the railroad. His uncle Mike was a train engineer, and as a teen, Walt sold gum, cigars and soda pop to passengers as the train made its daily stops at the railroad depot in Walt’s boyhood home, Marceline, Mo. When Walt grew older and ...
Breakthrough Wireless Service Puts Captions in the Hands of Guests
With Hearing Disabilities at Walt Disney World Resort
– Walt Disney World Resort has developed a pioneering program to
provide synchronized captions via wireless technology at popular
theme park attractions. The breakthrough service was created by
Disney engineers to exceed the expectations of guests with hearing
disabilities by utilizing wireless communication. Using a handheld receiver, guests are now able to
read captions while enjoying theme park attractions where
captioning previously had been impractical or impossible, such as
rides that send guests through multiple show scenes or outdoor
Disney Offers Inside Tips on Navigating Theme Parks With Toddlers in Tow
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Traveling with toddlers is easier than ever at Walt Disney World Resort if you plan ahead, pace yourself and take advantage of the many added conveniences for children ages 5 and under. About little ones: Plan to arrive to the parks early and take a break in the middle of ...
Walt Disney Resort Offers International Guests Special Services
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Whether walking through World Showcase at Epcot or conversing with a resort cast member in his native language, international guests are made to feel right at home at Walt Disney World Resort. With international travelers making Walt Disney World Resort a holiday location of choice, Disney continues to make inroads ...
‘The Story of 20th Century American Pop Culture’
– The bowling pins are six stories high, a colossal yo-yo pokes above the roofline of a four-story building. Eye-catching, out-sized icons are everywhere, from silhouettes of sock hop dancers and Pac-Man on balcony railings to gargantuan cans of Play Doh next to the Hippy Dippy Pool. Guests at Disney's Pop Century Resort smile and point as they stroll past architectural detail rendered literally on 10 lodge buildings.
Walter Elias Disney – Founder
– During a 43-year Hollywood career, which spanned the development of the motion picture medium as a modern American art, Walter Elias Disney, a modern Aesop, established himself and his product as a genuine part of Americana. David Low, the late British political cartoonist, called Disney
The Twilight Zone
– Haunted hotel full of spooky secrets Mickey Checks Into The Hollywood Hotel: There are several “Hidden Mickeys” tucked away in the deserted hotel. During the opening scene in the library, look for the little girl getting on the elevator — she’s holding a vintage Mickey Mouse doll. Also, quick-eyed thrill seekers will spot a Mickey ...
Disney’s BoardWalk Architecture Recalls a Golden Era of American Styles
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Time was, families gathered at Atlantic beach towns to stroll the boardwalks in search of entertainment. That was just about a century ago, in the golden era of amusement parks, when Ferris wheels and carousels were set out on vast piers protruding into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a giddy, ...
– Operating hours for Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks and other major venues are available online at disneyworld.com. Click here to check operating hours (will open a new browser window). Park hours, events and entertainment times are subject to change without notice.