Walt Disney Resort Offers International Guests Special Services
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Whether walking through World Showcase at Epcot or conversing with a resort cast member in his native language, international guests are made to feel right at home at Walt Disney World Resort. With international travelers making Walt Disney World Resort a holiday location of choice, Disney continues to make inroads ...
Himalayan Village an Architectural Wonder That Welcomes Expedition Everest Adventurers
– Like mountain homes of the Himalayas, the rustic rammed-earth and stacked-stone buildings of mythical Serka Zong sag and buckle under the weight of time. But time cannot erase the beauty of the structures' intricately carved window frames nor the significance of the symbolic earth-based colors layered upon walls to protect against perceived dark forces.
Though situated on the Florida flatlands at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the mountain village anchoring the Expedition Everest attraction welcomes Walt Disney World guests with such architectural authenticity that those who've been to Nepal or Tibet can only nod in wonder.
Disney Blends Imagination and Technology to Deliver Landmarks in Theme Park Innovation
– With the launch of the groundbreaking "Turtle Talk With Crush" attraction at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney has established yet another theme park landmark in keeping with Walt Disney's simple philosophy, "I believe in being an innovator."
Through a rich combination of storytelling, guest service, imagination and complex engineering born out of years of research and development, Disney's resorts around the world have become synonymous with cutting-edge achievements in themed entertainment since Disneyland opened in 1955.
‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ – Fun Facts
– "Mickey’s PhilharMagic" features one of the largest seamless projection screens in the world, representing the most immersive wrap-around image Disney has ever created. The screen measures 150 feet long and 28 feet high. Donald’s voice as heard in the show was created out of classic performances from the past by Clarence "Ducky" Nash, the original voice ...
‘The Story of 20th Century American Pop Culture’
– The bowling pins are six stories high, a colossal yo-yo pokes above the roofline of a four-story building. Eye-catching, out-sized icons are everywhere, from silhouettes of sock hop dancers and Pac-Man on balcony railings to gargantuan cans of Play Doh next to the Hippy Dippy Pool. Guests at Disney's Pop Century Resort smile and point as they stroll past architectural detail rendered literally on 10 lodge buildings.
The Twilight Zone
– Haunted hotel full of spooky secrets Mickey Checks Into The Hollywood Hotel: There are several “Hidden Mickeys” tucked away in the deserted hotel. During the opening scene in the library, look for the little girl getting on the elevator — she’s holding a vintage Mickey Mouse doll. Also, quick-eyed thrill seekers will spot a Mickey ...
Walter Elias Disney – Founder
– During a 43-year Hollywood career, which spanned the development of the motion picture medium as a modern American art, Walter Elias Disney, a modern Aesop, established himself and his product as a genuine part of Americana. David Low, the late British political cartoonist, called Disney
Disney’s BoardWalk Architecture Recalls a Golden Era of American Styles
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Time was, families gathered at Atlantic beach towns to stroll the boardwalks in search of entertainment. That was just about a century ago, in the golden era of amusement parks, when Ferris wheels and carousels were set out on vast piers protruding into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a giddy, ...
– Operating hours for Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks and other major venues are available online at disneyworld.com. Click here to check operating hours (will open a new browser window). Park hours, events and entertainment times are subject to change without notice.