The Twilight Zone
– Haunted hotel full of spooky secrets Mickey Checks Into The Hollywood Hotel: There are several “Hidden Mickeys” tucked away in the deserted hotel. During the opening scene in the library, look for the little girl getting on the elevator — she’s holding a vintage Mickey Mouse doll. Also, quick-eyed thrill seekers will spot a Mickey ...
Walter Elias Disney – Founder
– During a 43-year Hollywood career, which spanned the development of the motion picture medium as a modern American art, Walter Elias Disney, a modern Aesop, established himself and his product as a genuine part of Americana. David Low, the late British political cartoonist, called Disney
Walt Disney – Biography
– During a 43-year Hollywood career, which spanned the development of the motion picture medium as a modern American art, Walter Elias Disney, a modern Aesop, established himself and his product as a genuine part of Americana. David Low, the late British political cartoonist, called Disney “the most significant figure in graphic arts since Leonardo.” A ...
Disney’s BoardWalk Architecture Recalls a Golden Era of American Styles
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Time was, families gathered at Atlantic beach towns to stroll the boardwalks in search of entertainment. That was just about a century ago, in the golden era of amusement parks, when Ferris wheels and carousels were set out on vast piers protruding into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a giddy, ...
Did You Know? Fun Facts About Walt Disney
– Walt Disney was an entertainment pioneer, introducing families to
groundbreaking cartoons, feature films, theme parks and more. Most
everyone knows when he was born (in Chicago on Dec. 5, 1901), his
first motion picture (a 1928 short titled "Steamboat Willie") and
his other landmark family-entertainment ventures ("The Mickey Mouse
Club," "Davy Crockett" and "The Wonderful World of Disney").
Himalayan Village an Architectural Wonder That Welcomes Expedition Everest Adventurers
– Like mountain homes of the Himalayas, the rustic rammed-earth and stacked-stone buildings of mythical Serka Zong sag and buckle under the weight of time. But time cannot erase the beauty of the structures' intricately carved window frames nor the significance of the symbolic earth-based colors layered upon walls to protect against perceived dark forces.
Though situated on the Florida flatlands at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the mountain village anchoring the Expedition Everest attraction welcomes Walt Disney World guests with such architectural authenticity that those who've been to Nepal or Tibet can only nod in wonder.
Walt Disney: Quote . . . Unquote
– "To the youngsters of today, I say believe in the future, the world
is getting better; there still is plenty of opportunity. Why, would
you believe it, when I was a kid I thought it was already too late
for me to make good at anything."
Disney Blends Imagination and Technology to Deliver Landmarks in Theme Park Innovation
– With the launch of the groundbreaking "Turtle Talk With Crush" attraction at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney has established yet another theme park landmark in keeping with Walt Disney's simple philosophy, "I believe in being an innovator."
Through a rich combination of storytelling, guest service, imagination and complex engineering born out of years of research and development, Disney's resorts around the world have become synonymous with cutting-edge achievements in themed entertainment since Disneyland opened in 1955.