Epcot World Showcase Gardens Celebrate Flora of Many Nations
– From the seasonal explosion of the Canada
pavilion's floral displays to the ancient beauty of China's
reflective ponds and water lilies, the gardens of Epcot are among
the most extensive at Walt Disney World Resort. In all 11
nations of World Showcase, the gardens set the stage to help
tell each country's "story" and provide continuity and transition
from one nation to the next. This showplace of themed landscapes is
maintained by a horticulture staff of more than 750.
Walt Disney World Resort Landscape Fun Facts
– Bloomin’ beauty: Nearly 12 percent of the Walt Disney World Resort property — an area equivalent to nearly 3,000 football fields — is devoted to gardens and maintained landscapes. That’s 4,000 acres worth of beauty. Sprouting up all over: Three million bedding plants and annuals are planted each year at Walt Disney World theme parks ...
White-Knuckle Thrills, Adventures and More at Walt Disney World Resort
– Thrill-seeking teens can brace themselves for action-packed, hair-raising and pulse-racing adventures at Walt Disney World Resort. Throughout the Vacation Kingdom guests can encounter the mysterious and fearsome yeti, skin-tautening acceleration during a simulated rocket launch, a faster-than-gravity drop inside an elevator shaft, a water-splashed plunge along one of the worlds longest and fastest flume rides, and a race through the longest ride ever in Walt Disney World history.
Walt Disney World Resort for Adults: The Fun Gets Better With Age
– Call 'em "tweenagers" -- the crowd whose generation falls somewhere between life's fast lane and easy-does-it, between P.Diddy and Presley, between lasers and lava lamps. Baby Boomers born from 1946 through 1964 represent a whopping one-third of the U.S. population. They grew up with Walt Disney World. But they haven't outgrown Walt Disney World.
Mature Travelers Find Walt Disney World Resort a Great Place For the Young . . . at Heart!
– Golden years travelers are discovering that -- like grandkids -- a Walt Disney World vacation is worth boasting about. Golden memories and vacation experiences of a lifetime abound. Seniors traveling to Disney's Vacation Kingdom have the curiosity and the time to fully experience the theme parks, nighttime entertainment complexes, resort hotels, lakes, waterways, pools, golf courses and tennis courts.
Walt Disney World College Program Opens Corporate Door for Student Interns
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Every year, more than 7,000 college students from across the United States pack their bags and head to Walt Disney World Resort for the quintessential learning-while-working experience with the Walt Disney World College Program. Selected by recruiters at colleges and universities nationwide, the students work and learn at Walt Disney ...
Wet Weather Won’t Dampen the Fun at the Vacation Kingdom
– Walt Disney World Resort is known worldwide as a fun-in-the-sun vacation playground for all ages. But on the RARE occasion when the skies turn damp, there is plenty of all-weather fun at Walt Disney World Resort. From movies and shopping to spas and theme parks, guests are "showered" with fun throughout the Vacation Kingdom.
Disney Adds Extra Touch With Themed In-Park Weddings
– An enchanting Cinderella-like wedding in Magic Kingdom, a safari-themed reception in Disney's Animal Kingdom, a Hollywood extravaganza in the courtyard of the Chinese Theater at Disney-MGM Studios, or international-themed nuptials at Epcot are a reality with an "in-park" wedding program at Walt Disney World Resort.