Centuries of Culture Come to Life in Epcot Japan Pavilion
– Along the shoreline of the lagoon, a bright red torii gate, patterned after one in Itsukushima, welcomes visitors. A plaque inscribed in calligraphy proclaims "Japan."
Japan is one of eleven international villages around World Showcase at Epcot, the Walt Disney World theme park of discovery.
Epcot Fact Sheet
– EPCOT FACT SHEET Excitement of discovery: Walt Disney envisioned a showcase for innovation. A place where people could experience the cutting edge of technology. A place celebrating human achievement. The embryo of an idea grew to become Epcot, the Disney discovery park — 305 acres of attractions, shows, interactive presentations, dining, shopping and architectural ...
Norway Pavilion Brings Excitement of Scandinavia to Epcot
– Norway, gateway to Scandinavia, features an exciting ride-through adventure, shops and restaurants at Walt Disney World Epcot.
The 58,000-square-foot pavilion is located between Mexico and China overlooking World Showcase Lagoon. On display is Norway's rich, seafaring history as well as its innovative leadership in fields such as shipping and underwater technology.
The American Adventure Highlights ‘Dreamers and Doers’ of American History
– The American Adventure, the flagship pavilion of Epcot World Showcase, celebrates the spirit of America's history and diversity. The pavilion is home to the American Adventure show, housed inside a 108,000-square-foot Georgian-style mansion. In the dramatic 29-minute presentation, one of the most elaborate ever created using Audio-Animatronics figures, hosts Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain take guests on a journey into the birth of a new nation and the resulting spirit of its creation.
– In "Maelstrom," the Norway showcase high seas Norwegian adventure, guests brave scenic Norwegian waterways peopled by Viking explorers and mythic trolls. Concluding the attraction is a dramatic film presentation that pays tribute to this beautiful Scandinavian country's unique people and culture.
Mission: SPACE . . . Launching an Adventure Through Technology
– Creating a first-of-its kind attraction that would combine unique aerospace technology with classic Disney storytelling presented a world of technical challenges to Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative development and design arm of the Disney theme parks. Specifically, how would Imagineers use technology to create a realistic experience of rocketing to Mars? The answers are found in technical know-how and innovation, research and consultation with space professionals, and a dramatic storyline inviting guests to explore a new world.
United Kingdom Brings Old World Charm To World Showcase
– A stroll on the World Showcase promenade leads Epcot visitors to the cobblestone streets of the United Kingdom pavilion. Eight different architectural styles set the mood for a tour of "merry olde" England -- from a London street to a country courtyard.
Canadian Pavilion Celebrates Our Neighbor to the North
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Hotel du Canada is a towering landmark that leads guests to the Canada pavilion at Epcot World Showcase. The distinctive building, modeled after Ottawa’s familiar Chateau Laurier, also boasts a Rocky Mountain and waterfall backdrop. Near the entrance to the pavilion, guests are often seen snapping photos in the ...