The American Adventure Highlights ‘Dreamers and Doers’ of American History
– The American Adventure, the flagship pavilion of Epcot World Showcase, celebrates the spirit of America's history and diversity. The pavilion is home to the American Adventure show, housed inside a 108,000-square-foot Georgian-style mansion. In the dramatic 29-minute presentation, one of the most elaborate ever created using Audio-Animatronics figures, hosts Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain take guests on a journey into the birth of a new nation and the resulting spirit of its creation.
– In "Maelstrom," the Norway showcase high seas Norwegian adventure, guests brave scenic Norwegian waterways peopled by Viking explorers and mythic trolls. Concluding the attraction is a dramatic film presentation that pays tribute to this beautiful Scandinavian country's unique people and culture.
Mission: SPACE . . . Launching an Adventure Through Technology
– Creating a first-of-its kind attraction that would combine unique aerospace technology with classic Disney storytelling presented a world of technical challenges to Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative development and design arm of the Disney theme parks. Specifically, how would Imagineers use technology to create a realistic experience of rocketing to Mars? The answers are found in technical know-how and innovation, research and consultation with space professionals, and a dramatic storyline inviting guests to explore a new world.
United Kingdom Brings Old World Charm To World Showcase
– A stroll on the World Showcase promenade leads Epcot visitors to the cobblestone streets of the United Kingdom pavilion. Eight different architectural styles set the mood for a tour of "merry olde" England -- from a London street to a country courtyard.
Canadian Pavilion Celebrates Our Neighbor to the North
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Hotel du Canada is a towering landmark that leads guests to the Canada pavilion at Epcot World Showcase. The distinctive building, modeled after Ottawa’s familiar Chateau Laurier, also boasts a Rocky Mountain and waterfall backdrop. Near the entrance to the pavilion, guests are often seen snapping photos in the ...
Behind the Scenes at The American Adventure
– • The stage measures 130 by 50 feet, about half the size of a football field. • The “actors” in the show are Audio-Animatronics®, life-like figures designed and built by Walt Disney Imagineering. • The figures are made of the latest in micro-processors and other electronics, new plastics, and breakthrough materials. The production, five years ...
Epcot World Showcase Salutes France
– In the shadow of a scale replica of the Eiffel Tower, millions of Walt Disney World guests have sampled the beauty and charm of France and its people at Epcot in Florida.