Norway Pavilion Brings Excitement of Scandinavia to Epcot
– Norway, gateway to Scandinavia, features an exciting ride-through adventure, shops and restaurants at Walt Disney World Epcot.
The 58,000-square-foot pavilion is located between Mexico and China overlooking World Showcase Lagoon. On display is Norway's rich, seafaring history as well as its innovative leadership in fields such as shipping and underwater technology.
Mission: SPACE . . . Launching an Adventure Through Technology
– Creating a first-of-its kind attraction that would combine unique aerospace technology with classic Disney storytelling presented a world of technical challenges to Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative development and design arm of the Disney theme parks. Specifically, how would Imagineers use technology to create a realistic experience of rocketing to Mars? The answers are found in technical know-how and innovation, research and consultation with space professionals, and a dramatic storyline inviting guests to explore a new world.
– In "Maelstrom," the Norway showcase high seas Norwegian adventure, guests brave scenic Norwegian waterways peopled by Viking explorers and mythic trolls. Concluding the attraction is a dramatic film presentation that pays tribute to this beautiful Scandinavian country's unique people and culture.
Canadian Pavilion Celebrates Our Neighbor to the North
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Hotel du Canada is a towering landmark that leads guests to the Canada pavilion at Epcot World Showcase. The distinctive building, modeled after Ottawa’s familiar Chateau Laurier, also boasts a Rocky Mountain and waterfall backdrop. Near the entrance to the pavilion, guests are often seen snapping photos in the ...
United Kingdom Brings Old World Charm To World Showcase
– A stroll on the World Showcase promenade leads Epcot visitors to the cobblestone streets of the United Kingdom pavilion. Eight different architectural styles set the mood for a tour of "merry olde" England -- from a London street to a country courtyard.
Epcot World Showcase Presents Sweeping Spectacle of Nations
– Eleven countries and four continents in one vacation? A trip around
the world is a daily experience for guests visiting World Showcase
at Epcot. Awaiting guests is exotic cuisine, entertainment,
artisans, cultural ambassadors and scenic wonders of Canada, the
United Kingdom, France, Morocco, Japan, Italy, Germany, China,
Norway, Mexico and The American Adventure.
Behind the Scenes at The American Adventure
– • The stage measures 130 by 50 feet, about half the size of a football field. • The “actors” in the show are Audio-Animatronics®, life-like figures designed and built by Walt Disney Imagineering. • The figures are made of the latest in micro-processors and other electronics, new plastics, and breakthrough materials. The production, five years ...