Soarin’ Fast Facts
– Location: Epcot, Future World, The Land Area of attraction: 59,895 square feet (includes ticketing area, Great Hall where state-of-the-art infrared technology allows guests to participate in up to five different games on digital projection screens by moving their bodies Flight experience: A breathtaking glide over the majestic and diverse natural wonders of California Duration of ...
Plunge Into Underwater Adventure at Epcot DiveQuest
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Imagine the ultimate dive site with guaranteed calm seas, no current, unlimited visibility, vivid coral formations and more than 65 species of marine life. Imagine non-aggressive sharks, majestic eagle rays, thousands of tropical fish and a 400-pound sea turtle. Imagine not having to get into dive gear until you're in the water. Divers experience all of this and more at Epcot DiveQuest, a program for Walt Disney World guests offered at The Living Seas pavilion.
“Most excellent” Sea Turtle Crush from ‘Finding Nemo’ Converses with Guests at The Seas with Nemo & Friends in Epcot
– Imagine Crush, the sea turtle from "Finding Nemo," stopping mid-stream, turning to the audience from his movie-screen undersea environment and saying, "Hey you -- dude in the green-striped shirt -- what's that on your head?" Walt Disney Imagineers have created precisely this kind of magical interaction in "Turtle Talk With Crush" at Epcot.
The breakthrough experience gives Walt Disney World guests the chance to engage in live, unrehearsed conversations with the animated sea turtle from the Disney presentation of Pixar's "Finding Nemo."
The American Adventure Highlights ‘Dreamers and Doers’ of American History
– The American Adventure, the flagship pavilion of Epcot World Showcase, celebrates the spirit of America's history and diversity. The pavilion is home to the American Adventure show, housed inside a 108,000-square-foot Georgian-style mansion. In the dramatic 29-minute presentation, one of the most elaborate ever created using Audio-Animatronics figures, hosts Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain take guests on a journey into the birth of a new nation and the resulting spirit of its creation.
Norway Pavilion Brings Excitement of Scandinavia to Epcot
– Norway, gateway to Scandinavia, features an exciting ride-through adventure, shops and restaurants at Walt Disney World Epcot.
The 58,000-square-foot pavilion is located between Mexico and China overlooking World Showcase Lagoon. On display is Norway's rich, seafaring history as well as its innovative leadership in fields such as shipping and underwater technology.
Mission: SPACE . . . Launching an Adventure Through Technology
– Creating a first-of-its kind attraction that would combine unique aerospace technology with classic Disney storytelling presented a world of technical challenges to Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative development and design arm of the Disney theme parks. Specifically, how would Imagineers use technology to create a realistic experience of rocketing to Mars? The answers are found in technical know-how and innovation, research and consultation with space professionals, and a dramatic storyline inviting guests to explore a new world.
– In "Maelstrom," the Norway showcase high seas Norwegian adventure, guests brave scenic Norwegian waterways peopled by Viking explorers and mythic trolls. Concluding the attraction is a dramatic film presentation that pays tribute to this beautiful Scandinavian country's unique people and culture.
Canadian Pavilion Celebrates Our Neighbor to the North
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Hotel du Canada is a towering landmark that leads guests to the Canada pavilion at Epcot World Showcase. The distinctive building, modeled after Ottawa’s familiar Chateau Laurier, also boasts a Rocky Mountain and waterfall backdrop. Near the entrance to the pavilion, guests are often seen snapping photos in the ...