‘Captain EO’ Returns to Walt Disney World Resort
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (July 2, 2010) – “Captain EO,” the classic musical spectacular that thrilled Epcot guests from 1986-1994, has returned to Epcot for a special open-ended run. The attraction’s return provides new audiences the opportunity to experience the original 3-D production for the very first time, as well as a nostalgic look back ...
It All Adds Up! Raytheon’s ‘Sum of all Thrills’ Experience at Epcot Innoventions
– New exhibit at INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® showcases math in action as students design and experience their own ride using math fundamentals WALTHAM, Mass. and LAKE BUENA VISTA,Fla. (Oct. 14, 2009) – Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) today unveiled the Sum of all Thrills™ at INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® at the Walt Disney World® Resort. This new ...
Epcot Fun Facts
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — October 2007 marks the 25th anniversary of the Epcot theme park at Walt Disney World Resort. Following are 25 remarkable facts about Epcot: It took nearly 3,000 designers and 4,000 construction workers to build the first phase of Epcot. 54 million cubic feet of dirt was excavated to build the ...
No Passports Required! Epcot is the World Tour of Shopping
– Imagine searching for silken clothes among the lantern-lit marketplaces of China, darting in and out of Europe, Asia, Canada and Africa to purchase unique, one-of-a-kind, handcrafted gift items found only in these native lands. Imagine a whirlwind shopping spree around the world without need for a passport or plane ticket. Imagine no longer -- it's Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort.
Mission: SPACE is a ‘Blast’ for Epcot Guests
– E-ticket ride thrills Epcot guests LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — All systems are “go,” “launch conditions” are favorable, and Epcot guests are responding with “out of this world” exclamations after experiencing Mission: SPACE presented by HP. The thrill ride has exceeded its sky-high expectations, proving to be one of the most popular attractions at the ...
Epcot World Showcase Gardens Celebrate Flora of Many Nations
– From the seasonal explosion of the Canada
pavilion's floral displays to the ancient beauty of China's
reflective ponds and water lilies, the gardens of Epcot are among
the most extensive at Walt Disney World Resort. In all 11
nations of World Showcase, the gardens set the stage to help
tell each country's "story" and provide continuity and transition
from one nation to the next. This showplace of themed landscapes is
maintained by a horticulture staff of more than 750.
Walt Disney World Epcot Salutes Mexico’s Heritage
– Mexico is represented by one of Epcot's dominant landmarks, a huge building like a Mayan or Aztec pyramid overlooking the eastern shore of World Showcase. Inside the Mexico pavilion, Walt Disney World visitors find a moonlit plaza surrounded by tile-roofed shops, one of Mexico City's most famous restaurants and a memorable boat cruise down El Rio del Tiempo.
Soarin’: The Making of a Free-Flight Fantasy
– Inside the Technology LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Walt Disney World Resort takes Epcot guests on a high-flying magical journey that sweeps them up, over and across the richly diverse landscape of California. Never before Soarin’ has anyone had the opportunity to view the Golden State from a bird’s-eye view with such an extraordinary sensation ...
Soarin’ Fast Facts
– Location: Epcot, Future World, The Land Area of attraction: 59,895 square feet (includes ticketing area, Great Hall where state-of-the-art infrared technology allows guests to participate in up to five different games on digital projection screens by moving their bodies Flight experience: A breathtaking glide over the majestic and diverse natural wonders of California Duration of ...