Disney Leads Team to South Africa on Special Mission: Elephant Sterilizations
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., April 20, 2011 – A two-week visit to South Africa requires thoughtful planning, a good book for the long flights and efficient packing skills. Now imagine that your trip includes a vasectomy – for an elephant. Better not forget anything. As they prepare to leave from Orlando International Airport April 22, ...
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Fun Facts
– In preparation for creating Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a core team of seven Walt Disney Imagineers, led by executive designer Joe Rohde, crisscrossed the globe in search of the essential look of life in the wild, amassing more than 500,000 miles . . . a distance equal to circling the globe 20 times. Sixty ...
Disney Designers Create Colorful Animal Fashions
– Disney's Animal Kingdom costume designers
have created a colorful line of animal-inspired fashions for
the park's 2,500 cast members to help create an atmosphere of fun
and high adventure in everything from safari wear to color-bright
Historic British Trains Live Again on Wildlife Express
– For most of Disney's Animal Kingdom
guests, Wildlife Express to Rafiki's Planet Watch is a novel way to
travel by rail behind the scenes. It runs from the African village
of Harambe past state-of-the-art animal care facilities to Rafiki's
Planet Watch, an interactive, fun-filled center of activity
focusing on animals worldwide.
Monumental Attraction Peaks in Asia at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
– Spraying mist, fiery brush and falling logs with twists and turns
around every corner combine to create the thrill of Kali River
Rapids, the white-water rafting adventure in Asia at Disney's
Animal Kingdom. A jungle trek past wild Asian animal species and a breathtaking show that features an array of birds in flight complete the exotic journey through Asia.