LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Wrapped in exciting fall events, the merriest of holiday happenings and a 2017 filled with spectacular openings, Walt Disney World Resort is marking its 45th anniversary — and unwrapping three special offers for passholders.
Popular Walt Disney World passes, good for theme park admission, valuable Disney savings and other perks throughout the year, gets even sweeter to mark the anniversary:
- New dining and merchandise benefits – Passholders can receive 10 percent off food and nonalcoholic beverages at select table-service restaurants at theme parks and Disney resort hotels and 20 percent off purchases at Disney owned-and-operated merchandise locations. These new benefits will continue even after the anniversary comes to an end on Sept. 30, 2017.
- Even more savings exclusively during the 45th anniversary – In addition to the ongoing benefits, passholders can save up to 20 percent off the price of food and non-alcoholic beverages at select restaurants in the theme parks, resort hotels and Disney Springs, as well as dinner shows. Passholders can choose from 45 restaurants participating in this special offer during the 45th anniversary year that runs now through Sept. 30, 2017. Among the great restaurant choices: Signature Dining (Flying Fish, Artist Point, Citricos) and Family Dining (Jungle Skipper Canteen, Wave of American Flavors). And, for the first time, savings are available at select quick-service locations.
- Get 13 months for the price of 12 – Guests who purchase a 12-month pass will enjoy 13 months of unsurpassed passholder magic filled with seasonal events, unique attractions and stellar entertainment. New passes must be purchased between Oct. 2, 2016 and Jan. 3, 2017. Prices vary depending on pass type selected – Weekday Select, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus.
In addition to offering theme park admission, passes include special savings on resort hotel rooms, merchandise, recreation, sports, tours and spa treatments. Passholders will find still more savings on admission to special events and entertainment. Passes also add value and convenience with benefits like standard parking, park-hopping privileges and a Magic Band.
With all the magic happening now and coming soon to Walt Disney World Resort, there’s never been a better time to be a passholder. Here’s just a sampling of events and happenings:
- The 21st Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, on now through Nov. 14, features celebrated chefs, more than 30 marketplaces, wine seminars, workshops, dining and tasting events, and the Eat to the Beat Concerts.
- Holidays at Walt Disney World Resort means enchanting fun with dazzling lights, spirited song and snow flurries. Events include Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Candlelight Processional at Epcot, the new Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! nighttime spectacular, a special Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs, and visits by Santa himself.
- Pandora – The World of Avatar (2017) – The awe-inspiring land envisioned by filmmaker James Cameron comes to life at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, with floating mountains and bioluminescent rain forests.
- Disney Springs completes its build out, reimagined from Downtown Disney. There’s more shopping, dining and entertainment than ever before all set among beautiful open-air promenades, meandering springs and waterfront charm. With more than 150 establishments, Disney Springs include trendsetting brands like UNIQLO, kate spade new york and Zara along with and one-of-a-kind boutiques. Foodies can savor everything from tasty food-truck treats to celebrity-chef restaurants.
For more information on either offer or to sign up for a pass, guests can visit DisneyWorld.com/passholders