LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla – For the first time ever, more than 50 Disney villains will take over Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Villains Unleashed on Aug. 23, 2014. This new one-night-only party will kick off at 8 p.m. and run through 1 a.m.
As a record number of Disney Villains come out of the shadows and take over the theme park, guests will encounter some of their favorite villains such as Captain Hook, Cruella De Vil, Darth Vader and the Evil Queen. They will experience a special fireworks show, dance parties and villainous food, drink and merchandise.
The celebration of wonderful wickedness will include:
- Villainous Encounters: Interact with Disney villains roaming the park, performing on stage, dancing with guests and making mischief around every corner. At Stage 4, where The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction is seen during the day, guests can “Parlay” with the one and only Hector Barbossa. And just around the corner in the Animation Courtyard is where guests will discover a bit of the Moors, where they can have an audience with the mistress of all evil, Maleficent.
- ‘Ex-Scream’ Makeovers: ‘Show your Villain Side’ and get your face painted to look just like your favorite Disney villain at complimentary face painting at stations around Echo Lake.
- Oogie Boogie’s Freaky Funhouse Show: Boogie down to Theater of The Stars on Sunset Boulevard to see Oogie Boogie host a special variety show crawling with entertainment.
- “Star Wars” Villain Zone: Witness the power of the dark side as some of the most feared villains in the Galactic Empire patrol Disney’s Hollywood Studios. In the area around Star Tours — The Adventures Continue, guests will find nefarious bounty hunter Boba Fett, Sith apprentice Darth Maul, and the ultimate villain, Darth Vader. More malcontents from the galaxy far, far away include Zam Wessel, Aurra Sing, Asajj Ventress, Jango Fett, Greedo, Jawas, and others.
- Villainous Food, Drink and Merchandise: Enjoy special mischievous treats and remember the night for years to come with villain-themed merchandise. Some deletable, small-plate menu items also will be available at Club Evil in the Hollywood Brown Derby.
- Hades Hangout and Dance Party: The party kicks off at 8 p.m. at the main event stage, where hosts Hades, Megara, Pain and Panic are killing ’em with comedy. They will be joined throughout the night by the Underworld Dancers, live music from house band Bernie Briquette with Brimstone, DJ Igg Nite. Other Disney Villains, from the Queen of Hearts and Sheriff of Nottingham to the Big Bad Wolf and Captain Hook, will join them on stage.
- Fantasmic! Pre-Show: Behold the wickedness as villains take over Fantasmic! for a deviously fun pre-show.
- ‘Villainy in the Sky Fireworks: Hades will summon Maleficent to the main event stage to close things out with a devilishly dazzling fireworks display.
A limited number of tickets for Villains Unleashed are available now at DisneyVillainsParty.com, or call 407-939-1933.