The key to unlocking the magic for Walt Disney World Resort guests is the MagicBand, securely connecting all the choices guests make with My Disney Experience:
Starts from the Convenience of Home
Guests can create and customize their MagicBands before leaving home when they book their Walt Disney World vacation experiences on MyDisneyExperience.com. MagicBands connect guests to their park admission, access to FastPass+ experiences and Disney PhotoPass photo and video association all rolled into one. Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests may also use their MagicBands as their room key and optional payment system.
MagicBands are mailed home to Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests who made their bookings far enough in advance, or delivered to guests at check-in at their Disney resort.
All-in-one Connection to Enhance the Guest Experience
- Convenient: Walt Disney World Resort guests have everything they need on their wrist. They don’t need to scramble for park tickets, FastPass+ tickets or Disney PhotoPass cards.
- Durable yet comfortable: Made of a hypoallergenic, non-latex material, the MagicBand is flexible and comfortable to wear. It has ridges on the inside that help air circulate between the band and the wrist. It has been designed to withstand hot and cold temperatures and also is waterproof.
- Universal fit: The MagicBand easily adapts to fit nearly any guest. It is adjustable and has a peel-away layer to make the band small enough to comfortably fit young children.
- Personalized: Parents and the kids who visit MyDisneyExperience.com before their trip have an opportunity to personalize their MagicBands by selecting one of seven colors. Family members also can enter their name or nickname to be etched on the inside of the band so it truly becomes their vacation. Guests who do not personalize bands in time for pre-arrival shipping receive two-tone gray bands upon check-in at their Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
- Customizable: Guests will be able to show their personality by customizing their MagicBands with colorful accessories, such as Band Its and Cover Bands, are sold throughout the parks. Guests also can purchase retail MagicBands starting at $19.95 (plus tax) that feature Disney characters and colorful designs.
- The MagicBand uses radio frequency (RF) technology to connect guests to their plans and entitlements safely and securely. Guests simply touch their band to touch points in places such as resort room doors, theme park and water park entrances, FastPass+ entrances and cast mobile devices. Purchases require a four-digit PIN. MagicBands do not use GPS technology.
- Disney has applied for or been granted more than ten patents on the MagicBand.
- Guests’ personal data is not stored in the MagicBand. MagicBands and RF-enabled cards contain only a randomly assigned code that securely links to an encrypted database and associates the guest’s MagicBand or ticket with the experiences they’ve selected. Extensive measures are in place to protect guest information, which is a responsibility Disney takes very seriously.
Guest Service Enhancements
- As transactions are streamlined with MagicBands and touch points for guests, Disney Cast Members have more opportunities to greet and welcome guests and offer even greater guest service for which Disney is world-famous.
- Guests have the option of using a RF-enabled card instead of a MagicBand.
For Day Guests and Guests Staying at Non-Disney Resort Hotels
- Day guests may use their RF-enabled theme park admission to enter the theme parks and redeem FastPass+ selections or they may purchase a MagicBand ($12.95, plus tax, at merchandise locations in the parks and at Downtown Disney) and link their theme park admission to the MagicBand. Day guests do not have to purchase a MagicBand to enjoy the benefits of MyMagic+.