Taking Guests’ Vacations to an All-New Level with Disney FastPass+, MagicBands, Mobile App, My Disney Experience Website
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — MyMagic+ is reshaping the Walt Disney World Resort vacation experience in ways that will make it more customized, more magical and easier than ever for guests to create lasting memories with their families and friends.
Guests will be able to design the Disney vacation they want – personalizing everything from creating their vacations at home to customizing their park experiences to capturing memories to share and relive. MyMagic+ takes renowned Disney guest service to a new level aimed at delivering the best Disney World experience ever.
“MyMagic+ is a fantastic new way for our guests to experience even more of the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation,” said Tom Staggs, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts vision is simple: To be the most trusted provider of shared family travel and leisure experiences throughout the world. And with MyMagic+ we are taking that experience to a new level.”
While MyMagic+ will evolve over time, today it consists of three major components:
My Disney Experience website and mobile app
The popular web site MyDisneyExperience.com and accompanying free mobile app provide Walt Disney World vacationers the ease of one-stop shopping for every aspect of their vacation. They can plan as much or as little as they wish – right from their home computer, tablet or smartphone. In creating their own personal guide to the magic, guests access their most valued experiences and get assistance along every step of the way to make those must-do’s a reality. There is even the option of making changes on the go.
MyDisneyExperience features for guests include:
- Complete information about Walt Disney World Resort attractions, experiences, dining and resort hotels is easier than ever to access.
- Interactive maps, videos, itinerary tools and more, all in one easy place.
- The ability to purchase or link Walt Disney World Resort theme park tickets with the option to immediately make FastPass+ selections.
- The opportunity to lock in some of their must-do experiences in advance through FastPass+. Reserve access to favorite rides, shows, fireworks or parade viewings or Disney Character Greetings in advance or on the day of their visit. With no worries about experiencing favorite attractions and shows, everyone can relax and focus on their time together.
- The ability to find restaurants of every flavor (more than 80 to choose from) and make dining reservations.
- A way to connect with family and friends to coordinate plans and share photos.
- Access all Walt Disney World Resort details from a smart phone, tablet or other portable device. Now, guests can have the Disney vacation with them and have the plans they created at home – along with interactive maps, character moments, dining reservations and wait times – at their fingertips as real-time info.
- For the first time, Disney-bound guests can reserve their special slice of Disney magic right from home. With My Disney Experience, guests can make up to three FastPass+ selections at one park per day of valid park admission.
- Guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels may make FastPass+ selections up to 60 days in advance of their visit. Disney Passholders and day guests with valid park admission (those not staying in a Walt Disney World Resort hotel) can make FastPass+ selections 30 days in advance of their trip.
- After guests have redeemed their first three selections or the redemption windows have passed, they will be able to make another FastPass+ selection at an in-park kiosk. Once they’ve used the fourth, they can select another, and so on. Guests with valid park-hopping privileges will be able to make their additional selection(s) at another park. Those selections must be made at a kiosk inside the park where the desired experience is located.
- Access to FastPass+ is included in theme park admission for all Walt Disney World guests.
- The menu of choices is bigger and better than ever with more than double the number of experiences that were available previously. Depending on the park selected, guests can secure not only their spot on Space Mountain, Soarin’, Expedition Everest or Toy Story Midway Mania! and many other choices, but the date and time as well. Guests also are able to reserve Disney Character Greetings, fireworks and parade viewing areas, shows and spectaculars.
- Not sure where to start? Disney will recommend FastPicks, a set of three FastPass+ selections to get guests started, with the option to customize their selections.
- FastPass+ selections can be changed at any time until they are redeemed, subject to availability.
- The MagicBand, an innovative and colorful wristband, is an all-in-one device that effortlessly connects guests to all the vacation choices they made online with My Disney Experience.
- The MagicBand serves as park admission, access to FastPass+ experiences and Disney PhotoPass photo association, all rolled into one. For Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests it also serves as a room key and optional payment method.
- MagicBands are mailed to families ahead of their arrival date or waiting for them at their Disney Resort hotel. Mom, dad and the kids can each choose the color of their individual wristband right at home, with seven colors for guests to choose from: pink, blue, green, red, gray, orange or yellow. Bands can be personalized with the family member’s name etched inside it.
- MagicBands are shipped only within the U.S. International guests can customize MagicBands in advance but will receive them only when they check in to their Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
- Day guests may use their RF-enabled theme park admission to enter the theme parks and redeem FastPass+ selections or they may purchase a MagicBand (From $12.95 plus tax, at merchandise locations in the parks, Downtown Disney or through DisneyStore.com.) and link their theme park admission to the MagicBand. Day guests do not have to purchase a MagicBand to enjoy the benefits of MyMagic+.
- MagicBands consist of hypoallergenic material that is flexible, durable, waterproof and comfortable to wear. Easily scaled to fit any user, it has ridges that help air circulate between the band and the wrist.
- MagicBands can be deactivated if lost or stolen.
- Extensive measures are in place to protect the privacy of guests and the security of the personal information they choose to share. MagicBands store no personal information – each contains only a randomly assigned code that securely links to an encrypted database and associates the guest’s MagicBand or card with the Disney experiences they’ve selected.
- Guests may choose to not participate in MyMagic+. All guests may choose to use an RF-enabled card instead of a MagicBand.