Taking Guests’ Vacations to an All-New Level with New Website, Mobile App, FastPass+ and MagicBands
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – MyMagic+ is reshaping the Walt Disney World Resort vacation experience in ways that make it more customized, more magical and easier than ever for guests to create lasting memories with their families and friends.
Guests are able to design the Disney vacation they want – personalizing everything from at-home planning to in-park experiences to capturing memories to share and relive. MyMagic+ takes renowned Disney guest service to a new level — more customized, more seamless and aimed at delivering the best Walt Disney World experience ever.
“MyMagic+ is a fantastic new way for our guests to experience even more of the magic of a Walt Disney World vacation,” said Tom Staggs, chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts vision is simple: To be the most trusted provider of shared family travel and leisure experiences throughout the world. And with MyMagic+ we are taking that experience to a new level.”
While MyMagic+ will evolve over time, today it consists of three major components:
The popular new web site MyDisneyExperience.com and free My Disney Experience mobile app provide Walt Disney World vacationers the ease of creating their own personal guide to the magic for every aspect of their vacation. Families can begin their experience from home, planning as much or as little as they wish – right from their computer, tablet or smartphone. Families can reserve access to some of their most valued experiences in advance and get assistance along every step of the way to make those must-do’s a reality. There is even the option of making changes on the go with the My Disney Experience mobile app.
My Disney Experience features for guests include:
- Complete information about Walt Disney World Resort attractions, experiences, dining and resort hotels becomes easier than ever to access.
- Interactive maps, videos, itinerary tools and more, all in one easy place.
- The ability to lock in “must-do” experiences in advance through FastPass+. Make show, ride, fireworks or parade viewing or Disney Character Greeting reservations in advance or on the day of their visit. With no worries about experiencing favorite attractions and shows, everyone can relax and focus on their time together.
- The means to find restaurants of every flavor (more than 80 to choose from) and make dining reservations direct from their mobile app or MyDisneyExperience.com.
- A way to connect with family and friends to coordinate plans and share photos.
- Access all Walt Disney World Resort details from a smart phone, tablet or in-park kiosks. Now, guests can have their Disney plans and wish lists – along with interactive maps, character moments, dining reservations and wait times – at their fingertips as real-time information from the My Disney Experience mobile app.
- For the first time, Walt Disney World-bound guests can reserve their special slice of Disney magic right from home. With a simple click of the mouse on MyDisneyExperience.com guests will be able to select up to three FastPass+ experiences at one park per day for each day they have valid park admission. Using My Disney Experience, guests staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels may make FastPass+ selections up to 60 days in advance of their visit. Disney Passholders and Day guests (those not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel) using My Disney Experience are able to make FastPass+ selections 30 days in advance of their trip.
- After guests have redeemed their first three selections or the redemption windows have passed, they will be able to make another FastPass+ selection at an in-park kiosk. Once they’ve used the fourth, they can select another, and so on. Guests with valid park-hopping privileges will be able to make their additional selection(s) at another park. Those selections must be made at a kiosk in the park where the desired experience is located.
- Access to FastPass+ is included in theme park admission for all Walt Disney World guests.
- The menu of choices is bigger and better than ever. In fact, more than double the number of experiences as before are available as FastPass+ choices. Depending on the park selected, guests can secure not only their spot on Space Mountain, Soarin’, Expedition Everest or Toy Story Midway Mania! and many other choices, but the date and time as well. And for the first time, by using FastPass+, guests also are able to reserve Disney Character Greetings, fireworks and parade viewing areas, shows and spectaculars.
- Not sure where to start? Disney recommends FastPicks, a set of three FastPass+ selections to get guests started, with the option to customize their selections.
- FastPass+ selections can be changed at any time until they are redeemed.
- The MagicBand, an innovative and colorful wristband, is an all-in-one device that effortlessly connects guests to all the vacation choices they make online with My Disney Experience.
- The MagicBand serves as park admission, access to FastPass+ experiences and Disney PhotoPass photo association, all rolled into one. For Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests it also serves as a room key and optional payment method.
- MagicBands are mailed to families well ahead of their departure date or are waiting for them at their Disney Resort hotel. Parents and the kids can each choose the color of their individual wristband right at home, with seven colors to choose from: pink, blue, green, red, gray, orange or yellow. MagicBands can be personalized with the family member’s name etched inside.
- Day guests may use their RF-enabled theme park admission to enter the theme parks and redeem FastPass+ selections or they may purchase a MagicBand ($12.95, plus tax, at merchandise locations in the parks and at Downtown Disney) and link their theme park admission to the MagicBand. Day guests do not have to purchase a MagicBand to enjoy the benefits of MyMagic+.
- MagicBands consist of non-latex, hypoallergenic material that is flexible, durable, waterproof and comfortable to wear. Easily scaled to fit any user, they feature comfort ridges that help air circulate between the band and the wrist.
- MagicBands can be disabled if lost or stolen.
- Extensive measures are in place to protect the privacy of guests and the security of the personal information they choose to share. Guests’ personal information is not stored on the MagicBand, which contains only a randomly assigned code that securely links to an encrypted database and associates the guest’s MagicBand or card with the experiences they’ve selected. MagicBands are not GPS-based and do not enable collection of continuous location signals.
- Guests may choose to not participate in MyMagic+. All guests may choose to use an RF-enabled card instead of a MagicBand.