ORLANDO, Fla. – DEC Mission
The DEC in downtown Orlando is a non-profit organization established by Orange County Government, The University of Central Florida, and Walt Disney World. It is a one-stop shop for entrepreneurs starting and growing businesses, using the latest technologies and a full range of coordinated services.
- Leveraging the DEC partners to provide technical assistance, support services, and information
- Impacting the success of entrepreneurs resulting in higher wage job opportunities that strengthen and diversify the economy, especially in the high technology sectors
The DEC has been designed for the express purpose of helping entrepreneurs grow new businesses, and has brought together many partner organizations to deliver the necessary services to do so. The role of the DEC is to provide the physical environment and resources and to coordinate the delivery of these services across the multiple partners. The DEC is not intended to supplant the identity of the individual service providers; rather it is to integrate the stand alone activities of all the partners to maximize the value delivered to DEC’s customers – the entrepreneurs.
The list of Service Providers include:
- African American Chamber of Commerce of
- GulfCoast Business Finance, Inc.
- Hispanic Business Initiative Fund (HBIF)
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro
- Minority/Women Business Alliance, Inc
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE)
UCF Small Business Development Center
- UCF Incubator Program
Department of Commerce U.S.
Additional Service Providers may be added in the future