LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — From beginners to experienced players, whether 8 or 80 years of age, golfers can arrange a personalized program of instruction at Walt Disney World Resort. The Disney PGA professionals offer year-round instructional programs, including private and group lessons, at the Central Florida resort’s three golf centers.
Guests trying to fix a slice, a hook or a “yippy” putting game can work one-on-one in a specialized session with a staff pro. A family can participate in a customized group session with a staff pro. Juniors can participate in special summer programs designed just for them.
“Our philosophy is simple,” says Walt Disney World head golf professional Kevin Weickel. “We recognize that our guests are coming to us with a common interest – golf – and beyond that, everyone has a special, individual concern.”
Disney golf addresses those individual concerns with a variety of private lessons — from 45-minute sessions that include video analysis to 90-minute playing lessons during which the guest is treated to the pro’s perspective on course management, playing strategy, club selection and more.
During June and July, a series of five-day Disney Junior Golf Camp experiences for players ages 8-15 features clinics and work on the driving range, putting green and course.
Information about individual lessons is available by calling 407/WDW-GOLF. Group and corporation program information is available by calling 407/938-3870.
Here’s a rundown of lessons offered year-round at Walt Disney World Resort:
- Private lesson — one-on-one instruction from a member of the Walt Disney World PGA staff. This is the ultimate learning experience – 45 minutes devoted to on-course instruction and aspects of the game that the student golfer wants to focus on. Also included is a video lesson. The golfer’s swing is video-analyzed and the golfer is given an opportunity to see his or her swing as it truly is and is provided with a balanced understanding of the golf swing.
- Playing lesson — a 90-minute session that includes a video lesson and on-course instruction from a member of the Walt Disney World PGA staff. Course management and strategy, club selection and short-game skills, as well as the psychological side of golf from a professional’s point of view, are offered.
- Corporate and group lessons — The Walt Disney World Resort PGA teaching staff can customize a group lesson program for any size group — including families.
Disney Golf Instruction Availability and Costs:Program – Session Length – When Offered – Price
Private Lesson includes Video Analysis – 45 minutes – By appointment – $75; $50 (age 17/under)
Playing Lesson includes Video Analysis – 90 minutes – By appointment – $150; $100 (age 17/under)
Junior Golf Camps – 9 a.m.-4 p.m. for 5 days – June & July – tbd
Group lessons – Varies – By appointment – tbd
Reservations and Information:
- Individual lessons and clinics: 407/WDW-GOLF
- Corporate and group lessons: 407/938-3870