LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — The opulent Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has elevated guest service to a grander level of indulgence with a full-service spa and health club. The luxurious spa offers a broad, balanced program of beautifying and wellness services designed to lift the spirit, relax the body and invigorate the mind.
Inside the 10,000-square-foot sanctuary of the Victorian-themed spa, guests can indulge in therapies and treatments that incorporate the aromatic essential oils of Florida grapefruit, orange, tangerine and lemon.
"We are committed to providing the finest therapeutic spa treatments, services and facilities, and we encourage all our guests to adopt a sense of healthy living and wellness," says Niki Bryan, owner of Niki Bryan, Inc., which operates the full-service spas and health clubs at Walt Disney World Resort.
Unique treatments for couples and young guests are some of the spas’ special offerings. Couples can feel their cares melt away as they experience relaxing massages together in a romantic candlelit treatment room. Youngsters are never too young to spa with specialized treatments ideal for little ones. Disney’s My First Manicure or My First Pedicure treatments offer 25 minutes of princess-like indulgence for guests 4-12 years old. The My First Facial was designed to introduce the basics of good skin care. This 25-minute session gives tips for a lifetime of healthy skin.
Personalized pampering treatments includes:
- Massage therapies – Soothe sore muscles and eliminate stress with a citrus zest massage, reflexology, sports massage, shiatsu or personalized aromatherapy massage.
- Facials – Nourishing and refreshing vitamins and minerals help balance, purify and replenish the skin. Selections from the spa’s new Sodashi facial line include stress recovery, antioxidant and gentlemen’s facials.
- Water therapies and soaks – Relieve tension with a series of water therapies and soothing soaks including lavender meadows bath and secret garden bath featuring gardenia bubble bath.
- Body treatments – Relax and rejuvenate with a citrus zest sugar scrub or aromatherapy body wrap and massage — one of the spa’s signature treatments.
- Hand and foot treatments – Unwind with a spa manicure, pedicure or soothing leg treatment.
- Couples treatments – A candlelit couples room and in-room treatments are available.
- Children’s massages, mini facials, manicures and pedicures are available.
Treatments can be selected individually or in a variety of packages. The spa features private treatment rooms, a couple’s treatment room and lounges. Both women’s and men’s locker areas include a steam room, sauna and indoor whirlpool. Guests can reserve spa treatments by calling 407/824-2332.
The health club features a full line of state-of-the-art exercise equipment and free weights. Personal training is available.-30-