LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Celebrating more than 37 years as a true pioneer of the Disney resort experience, Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is a vacation haven for Walt Disney World guests who crave natural, rustic charm amidst the most magical place on Earth.
Since its opening in 1971, the 740-acre resort has earned recognition by guests and accolades throughout the camping industry for its accommodations, recreation and dining.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground includes two unique accommodation options:
- 799 campsites for tents and recreational vehicles of all sizes featuring level, paved pads with a coquina rock bed, charcoal grill, picnic table and hook-ups for water, electric, sewer, cable and Internet. Secluded, private campsites are bordered by lush natural surroundings, and are only steps away from deluxe air-conditioned comfort stations with restrooms, private showers, laundry facilities, ice dispensers and pay telephones.
- The 409 Wilderness Cabins offer the perfect combination of home-style comforts and the beauty of nature. Each spacious cabin features more than 500 square feet of air-conditioned living space as well as a private patio deck with a charcoal grill and picnic table. The master bedroom sleeps four with a full-sized bed and set of bunk beds, while the separate living room sleeps two with a full-sized pull-down bed. All cabins also feature vaulted ceilings, comfortable furniture, color cable television, DVD player, telephone and a spacious oval dining table. Daily housekeeping service is provided to all Wilderness Cabins.Recreation at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort is almost as endless as the great outdoors itself! Guests with the urge to “get up and go” can choose from horseback riding, fishing excursions, nature trail exploration, boat rentals, volleyball, tennis, bike rentals and the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure, where guests can experience, first-hand, a Segway X2 Personal Transporter. The Archery Experience is an option for guests who are interested in learning target shooting from an Archery Guide. Those guests wanting to slow it down and relax can unwind on a white sand beach, play a leisurely game of shuffleboard, take the little ones on a pony ride or enjoy an evening horse-drawn wagon ride around the resort.
Other resort highlights include:
- Guests can roast marshmallows with Disney characters during Chip ‘N Dale’s Campfire Sing-A-Long, a nightly event that culminates with a classic Disney movie in a theater under the stars. This free event, which features a 30-minute fire lighting ceremony, rousing group renditions of favorite camp songs and appearances by Chip and Dale, is open to all Walt Disney World guests, not just those staying at Fort Wilderness.
- Dining options include Trail’s End Restaurant, an all-you-care-to-eat buffet open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; and Crockett’s Tavern, offering appetizers, pizza and a full service bar. Two trading posts offer groceries, Disney merchandise and camping supplies.
- Three times per night at “Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review,” guests can experience a foot stompin’, hand clappin’, western vaudeville review-style dinner show featuring a zany bunch of singing and dancing road-show entertainers. The all-you-care-to-eat menu (served family style) includes smoked barbecue pork ribs, country-fried chicken, tossed green salad, corn, baked beans, fresh baked bread and strawberry shortcake.
- “Mickey’s Backyard BBQ,” a character dining experience with live music and line dancing, is also offered seasonally.Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is located in the Magic Kingdom resort area on the banks of Bay Lake. Convenient boat transportation to Magic Kingdom and motorcoach transportation to all Walt Disney World destinations, including Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom, is provided.
For more information or reservations, guests may contact 407/W-DISNEY, a travel agent or online at disneyworld.com. For more Walt Disney World Resort information, guests can call 407/824-4321.-30-