LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — A shopping safari through Disney’s Animal Kingdom is an adventure in itself. Discover themed backscratchers and bush hats as seen on your Kilimanjaro Safaris tour guide. Don’t miss stryracosaurus and other dinosaur replicas straight from the DINOSAUR thrill ride.
The 1,600 specially created merchandise items at Disney’s Animal Kingdom reflect the overriding theme of the park — a celebration of animals.
The merchandise depicts many of the park “animals,” whether they are Disney, dinosaurs or real.
Environmentally friendly conservation messages also are evident throughout the merchandise locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. At each register guests can contribute to the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund by adding a dollar to a purchase. Penny press machines featuring the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund logo are located throughout the park with proceeds supporting wildlife and wild places.
- The Outpost Shop — Located outside the park entrance, this is the first shop in and the last shop out of the park, offering Disney’s Animal Kingdom T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, other Walt Disney World souvenirs, and guest necessities.
- Garden Gate Gifts — This shop, located just inside the park, is a camera center with film, cameras, picture frames and albums, and it’s the pick-up point for guest photos shot by park photographers. Guests also can find sundries, as well as stroller and wheelchair rentals.
- Island Mercantile — The park’s largest merchandise stop located in Discovery Island offers a one-stop shop for everything guests may need. Highlights include a giant wall of Disney characters outfitted in safari garb, Walt Disney World logo merchandise — T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats, souvenirs — plus candy, toys and more.
- Disney Outfitters — This shopping mecca in Discovery Island features upscale men’s and trendy women’s apparel, jewelry and watches. Holiday items are sold year-round, and Disney art and collectibles are featured.
- Beastly Bazaar — This shop in the Discovery Island “artists colony” features a brightly colored whimsical exterior and showcases home accessories, kitchenware and bath products. Also featured is a large assortment of packaged and bulk candies, coffee and coffee accessories.
- Chester and Hester’s Dinosaur Treasures — A tacky and wacky roadside “garage” covered floor to ceiling with dinosaur doodads. Dinosaur toys, dolls, books, games and novelty hats are available. Also toys for all ages, including an assortment of $10-and-under gifts.
- Mombasa Marketplace/Ziwani Traders — African marketplace and trading company featuring artifacts you might find in the village of Harambe — gourds, soapstone wood carvings, hand-painted gift boxes, plus Kilimanjaro Safari T-shirts, vests, shorts, mugs, hats and jewelry.
- Out of the Wild — Located at Rafiki’s Planet Watch, this shop offers souvenirs, T-shirts and guest necessities.
Throughout the park, merchandise carts overflow with souvenirs, apparel and themed park items.