ON WITH THE GLOW
– ICE CASTLE: Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort magically morphs into a shimmering, glimmering ice palace for the holidays -- thanks to a special effects spectacle bathing the castle in twinkly white lights.
Toasting the New Year
– TOASTING THE NEW YEAR: Walt Disney World guests can count down to midnight and ring in 2013 with a dazzling display of entertainment, parades, fireworks and extended hours throughout the Vacation Kingdom on New Year’s Eve. (Diana Zalucky, photographer)
Holiday nights light up at Epcot with ‘Holidays Around the World’
– The giant Christmas tree at Epcot, seen here glistening in front of the iconic Spaceship Earth attraction, is the centerpiece of the holiday celebration at the theme park in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. It’s all part of the park’s annual “Holidays Around the World” celebration, in which international traditions of the season unfold all throughout ...
PATRIOTIC PRIDE: Independence Day at Walt Disney World Resort
– PATRIOTIC PRIDE: A celebratory spirit fills the air every July 4th at the Walt Disney World Resort. Mickey Mouse and friends mark the holiday in grand style, with fireworks displays and special entertainment all across the Florida Vacation Kingdom.
It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!
– A CHRISTMAS "TREE"T: Walt Disney World Resort cast members (L-R): Nannette Rogers from Grand Haven, Mich. and Kwang Bok Suh of Osan, Korea place giant ornaments on the Magic Kingdom park's Christmas tree as the sun starts to rise Dec. 7, 2007.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Marks 10 Years of Conservation Leadership
– HERE’S LOOKING AT YOU: Giraffes and other exotic animals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge bring the excitement and splendor of an African wildlife reserve to Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. More than 200 mammals and birds populate the new resort’s 33-acre savannah. Many guestroom balconies overlook the savannah, putting guests within ...