Walt Disney introduces the Florida Project
– Walt Disney selected Central Florida near Orlando for his newest
theme park, Walt Disney World Resort. The project was shrouded in
secrecy until Disney unveiled his plans in 1965.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
– The primary mode of pedal-powered transportation for many kids in
the 1970s -- the Big Wheel -- has made a comeback (in a big way!)
at Disney's Pop Century Resort.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
– A MAGIC RESORT -- The spires of Cinderella Castle at the Magic
Kingdom are part of the view for guests who stay at Disney's
Mickey Mouse-shaped watermelons – The Land – Epcot
– A traditional summer treat -- the watermelon -- is taking an entirely different look at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., as The Land pavilion at Epcot has developed a process to grow Mickey Mouse-shaped watermelons.
“Walt Disney World Resort: Plugged In” official weekly podcast – logo
– Go inside the world's No. 1 vacation destination with "Walt Disney World Resort: Plugged In," a free podcast featuring a lively mix of exclusive content including behind-the-scenes tours of Disney's theme parks, celebrity interviews, news about upcoming events and conversations with Walt Disney Imagineers. Listeners can subscribe to the free audio program at disneyworld.com/podcast or through the iTunes Podcast Directory.