– Topiary can be found in more than 200 designs, ranging from trees pruned in geometric shapes to the many topiary figures in the shape of Disney characters which dot the theme-park and resort landscape.
Disney VoluntEARS Earn $689,950 for Central Florida Nonprofits
– Assisting 13 local nonprofits through 17 projects in 2010, Disney’s Theme Park Merchandise Team gave a total of 450 hours toward making a difference in their community. Activities included conducting food drives for Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida, collecting pet supplies for the SPCA of Central Florida, giving numerous holiday donations to benefit ...
Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings
– Couples enjoy picturesque beauty along the beaches of Disney's
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa at Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney World Monorail
– Getting around Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.,
is a snap thanks to monorails, boats and motorcoaches free to
– Walt Disney was an entertainment pioneer, introducing families to
groundbreaking cartoons, feature films, theme parks and more. Most
everyone knows when he was born (in Chicago on Dec. 5, 1901), his
first motion picture (a 1928 short titled "Steamboat Willie") and
his other landmark family-entertainment ventures ("The Mickey Mouse
Club," "Davy Crockett" and "The Wonderful World of Disney").
Record-setting Tomato Trees Keep Growing at Epcot
– The Land pavilion at Epcot features two "tomato trees" -- rare plants that have yielded nearly 20,000 tomatoes from a single vine -- in its experimental greenhouses that are featured on the "Living with the Land" attraction.