Japan – World Showcase
– Architecture and landscaping meld exquisitely in the Japan pavilion
in World Showcase at Epcot.
STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITY: ESPN Innovation Lab Opens at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex — Oct. 16, 2009
– STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITY: (L-R) Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Disney Sports Enterprises at Walt Disney World Resort, Jesse Palmer, ESPN college football analyst, and Chuck Pagano, executive vice president of technology for ESPN, Oct. 16, 2009, celebrate the opening of the ESPN Innovation Lab at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The state-of-the-art facility provides ESPN a real-world testing ground to continue developing new ground-breaking on-air products.
Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
– Flowers used to create the scents of several popular perfumes are
on display for sniffing at the France pavilion's Fragrance Garden
during the annual Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
at Walt Disney World Resort.
China – World Showcase
– The gateway of the China pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot is
based on the beautifully styled main gate at the summer palace in
Beijing, which also provided the inspiration for the half-size
Temple of Heaven, the most visually prominent feature.
Morocco – World Showcase
– Across a wide promenade, the Koutoubia Minaret (a detailed replica
of a famous prayer tower in Marrakesh) stands guard over the
entrance to the Morocco pavilion in World Showcase at Epcot.
Restaurant Marrakesh – Morocco – Epcot
– Restaurant Marrakesh serves flavorful specialties, using a long
list of herbs and spices including saffron, a key ingredient in
many Moroccan dishes.