GOING HOME: Manatee Returns to Natural Habitat after Walt Disney World Rehabilitation; Marine Mammal Experts Release
– GOING HOME: As part of the Manatee Rehabilitation Partnership, Disney's Animal Programs team helps to take final measurements Feb. 24, 2009 as they prepare to release a manatee into his natural habitat at Blue Springs State Park in Orange City, Fla. The manatee, named "Bock," arrived at Epcot in 2003 weighing about 500 pounds. At Epcot, marine mammal experts weaned him from a bottle and began feeding him a diet of romaine lettuce, fruits and other vegetables. "Bock" now weighs more than 1,000 pounds and is approximately eight years old.
B-Roll: Marvel’s “The Avengers” Monorail Debuts at Walt Disney World Resort
– Guests travelling by monorail at Walt Disney World may now be riding along with images of some of their favorite super heroes – Marvel’s “The Avengers.” Beginning March 31, one of the Magic Kingdom Park Monorails has undergone a Marvel’s “The Avengers”-themed changeover to celebrate the May 4 opening of the film starring Robert Downey ...
Dress A Bear 2
– Desiree Gonzalez, a Distribution Services Cast Member at Walt Disney World Resort, outfitted a teddy bear as a firefighter at the suggestion of her 7-year-old daughter because “they are heroes.”
Timelapse & B-Roll: 18th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
– “Toy Story 3″ Heroes Meet HGTV Stars at 18th International Epcot Flower & Garden Festival LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – “Toy Story 3″ heroes Woody and Buzz Lightyear take Disney magic to infinity and beyond as topiary based on characters from Disney-Pixar films greet guests for the first time at the 18th Epcot International Flower ...
New Names for Parking Lot Sections at Magic Kingdom
– It may seem “goofy” or “dopey” and make you feel “grumpy” or “happy,” but: The parking lot at Magic Kingdom has gone to the Disney Heroes and Villains. New names for sections of the lot are part of an operational change designed to make it easier for Magic Kingdom guests to navigate and remember where ...
YOU’RE MY HERO: Hayden Panettiere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios — April 25, 2009
– YOU’RE MY HERO: Actress Hayden Panettiere hugs Minnie Mouse April 25, 2009 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Panettiere, who stars on the hit NBC series “Heroes,” was enjoying the theme park prior to serving as the celebrity emcee for Disney’s Grad Nite, an annual, in-park concert for high school seniors. The ...
IT’S A BOY! Baby Giraffe born at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
– IT'S A BOY!: "Bonsu," a baby giraffe born at Disney's Animal Kingdom in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., is pictured next to his mother, "Nikki." Bonsu was six-feet-tall and weighed 155 pounds when he was born on Sept. 28. He is the fourth baby giraffe born at Disney's Animal Kingdom this year.