Off the Beaten Path – Discover the Undiscovered at Walt Disney World Resort
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – High-flying elephants and spinning teacups usually take center stage when a guest is thinking of Walt Disney World Resort. But did you know that 9-pound lemons flourish at The Land pavilion at Epcot, or that safaris explore Africa-inspired savannas in the middle of Florida? Guests who take a second – ...
– RACING THRILLS — For fans of stock car racing, dreams come true behind the wheel of a high-revving road machine at Walt Disney World Resort. The Richard Petty Driving Experience offers racing wannabes their choice of whipping around the Walt Disney World Speedway as a passenger with a professional driver or an instruction course allowing ...
Offbeat and Unexpected
– Sour Power — Disney’s lovable “sourpuss” — Donald Duck — poses with largest sour fruit grown at The Land pavilion at Epcot, the “Nine Pound Lemon.” With their descriptive name, the fruits from these trees weigh approximately nine pounds and preserve all of the taste of the smaller variety. Guests to The Land see the ...
Harmony Barber Shop, a Cut Above the Rest for Walt Disney World Resort Guests
– Sit back in the good ol' barber's chair and get ready for a good old-fashioned haircut at Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street, U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom. Located near the Emporium gift shop with a signature candy-striped pole outside, Harmony Barber Shop transports Walt Disney World guests to a simpler time ... a time when barbershop quartets entertained with harmonic tunes and when getting a haircut (or two) was a real treat.
Hidden Mickeys: Inside Joke Has Become a ‘Guest Quest’ at WaltDisney World Resort
– As millions of guests scurry throughout Walt Disney World Resort to
see Mickey Mouse, little do they realize they may be passing him
right by. And though the Mickeys they miss are not the life-sized,
two-legged and three-fingered variety, they are "Hidden Mickeys" --
silhouettes and abstract images of Mickey Mouse cleverly hidden by
Disney Imagineers across the 47-square-mile Vacation Kingdom.
Hidden Mickeys: Inside Joke Has Become a ‘Guest Quest’ at Walt
Disney World Resort
– HIDDEN TREASURE — Can you spot Mickey? Walt Disney World Resort is filled with “hidden” Mickeys — silhouettes and abstract images of Mickey Mouse cleverly hidden by Walt Disney Imagineers across the Vacation Kingdom — including a Mickey-shaped pattern on a giraffe carved into Arusha Rock at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. HIDDEN TREASURE — Can ...
Character-Shaped Plants “Grow” at Walt Disney World Resort
– MICKEY MELONS: A traditional summer treat — the watermelon — is taking an entirely different look at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., as The Land pavilion at Epcot has developed a process to grow Mickey Mouse-shaped watermelons. The Epcot Science team shapes the young watermelons in special molds (pictured, foreground) until ...