‘The Story of 20th Century American Pop Culture’
– The bowling pins are six stories high, a colossal yo-yo pokes above the roofline of a four-story building. Eye-catching, out-sized icons are everywhere, from silhouettes of sock hop dancers and Pac-Man on balcony railings to gargantuan cans of Play Doh next to the Hippy Dippy Pool. Guests at Disney's Pop Century Resort smile and point as they stroll past architectural detail rendered literally on 10 lodge buildings.
Walt Disney – Biography
– WALT DISNEY: Walter Elias Disney (1901-66) was an entertainment pioneer, introducing families to groundbreaking cartoons, feature films, theme parks and more. One of his most famous creations, Mickey Mouse, debuted in 1928. In 1955, he welcomed the first guests to Disneyland in California, a world-class entertainment center unlike anything the world had ever seen.
Walter Elias Disney – Founder
– During a 43-year Hollywood career, which spanned the development of the motion picture medium as a modern American art, Walter Elias Disney, a modern Aesop, established himself and his product as a genuine part of Americana. David Low, the late British political cartoonist, called Disney
The Twilight Zone
– Haunted hotel full of spooky secrets Mickey Checks Into The Hollywood Hotel: There are several “Hidden Mickeys” tucked away in the deserted hotel. During the opening scene in the library, look for the little girl getting on the elevator — she’s holding a vintage Mickey Mouse doll. Also, quick-eyed thrill seekers will spot a Mickey ...
Highway in the Sky: Walt Disney World Resort Monorail Fact Sheet
– TRANSPORTATION FREE TO GUESTS — Getting around Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla., is a snap thanks to monorails, boats and motorcoaches free to guests. VACATION CLASSIC — The Magic Kingdom, filled with famous Disney adventures, is a vacation classic where magical storybooks come alive. Combining classic favorites and exciting additions, a ...
Disney’s BoardWalk Architecture Recalls a Golden Era of American Styles
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Time was, families gathered at Atlantic beach towns to stroll the boardwalks in search of entertainment. That was just about a century ago, in the golden era of amusement parks, when Ferris wheels and carousels were set out on vast piers protruding into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a giddy, ...
– Operating hours for Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks and other major venues are available online at disneyworld.com. Click here to check operating hours (will open a new browser window). Park hours, events and entertainment times are subject to change without notice.
Himalayan Village an Architectural Wonder That Welcomes Expedition Everest Adventurers
– NEW DISNEY WORLD ATTRACTION UNLEASHES AN AVALANCHE OF THRILLS — Disney Mountain Range on Horizon — Joe Rohde, vice president/executive designer, Walt Disney Imagineering, works with the model of Expedition Everest, a family thrill adventure under construction in Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park in Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Rohde’s travels ...
Disney Motion Pictures Have Been Popping Off Screens In Spellbinding 3-D for 50 Years
– SYM-FUNNY OF CHARACTERS — “Mickey’s PhilharMagic,” a spectacular new attraction at Magic Kingdom, features classic Disney characters in computer-generated 3-D imagery. While Donald mischievously tries to capture Mickey’s Sorcerer’s hat and take control of the PhilharMagic Orchestra, guests are immersed in music and scenes from classic Disney films such as “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin,” ...