Walter Elias Disney – Founder
– WALT DISNEY — (Permission is hereby granted to intended addressee magazine and newspaper to reproduce this picture for addressee’s editorial news use only. Copyright 2001, THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY.) 289-926 PRIME LOCATION — Walt Disney selected Central Florida near Orlando for his newest theme park, Walt Disney World Resort. The project was shrouded in secrecy ...
Walt Disney – Biography
– During a 43-year Hollywood career, which spanned the development of the motion picture medium as a modern American art, Walter Elias Disney, a modern Aesop, established himself and his product as a genuine part of Americana. David Low, the late British political cartoonist, called Disney “the most significant figure in graphic arts since Leonardo.” A ...
Disney’s BoardWalk Architecture Recalls a Golden Era of American Styles
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Time was, families gathered at Atlantic beach towns to stroll the boardwalks in search of entertainment. That was just about a century ago, in the golden era of amusement parks, when Ferris wheels and carousels were set out on vast piers protruding into the Atlantic Ocean. It was a giddy, ...
‘Mickey’s PhilharMagic’ – Fun Facts
– DONALD AND THE BEAST? — In “Mickey’s PhilharMagic,” a new 3-D spectacular at Magic Kingdom, Donald Duck finds himself chasing Mickey’s sorcerer hat through scenes from classic Disney films, including the “Be Our Guest” number from Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast.” Walt Disney World Resort is in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. BELOVED CHARACTERS COME TO ...
‘The Story of 20th Century American Pop Culture’
– FAMOUS PUZZLE, POTATO GO ‘POP’: The ever-popular Mr. Potato Head strikes a familiar pose in front of a four-story Rubik’s Cube at Disney’s Pop Century Resort, the newest value-category hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The two classic toys adorn the 1980s and 1990s sections of the hotel. Disney’s Pop ...
Did You Know? Fun Facts About Walt Disney
– Walt Disney was an entertainment pioneer, introducing families to
groundbreaking cartoons, feature films, theme parks and more. Most
everyone knows when he was born (in Chicago on Dec. 5, 1901), his
first motion picture (a 1928 short titled "Steamboat Willie") and
his other landmark family-entertainment ventures ("The Mickey Mouse
Club," "Davy Crockett" and "The Wonderful World of Disney").
Himalayan Village an Architectural Wonder That Welcomes Expedition Everest Adventurers
– Like mountain homes of the Himalayas, the rustic rammed-earth and stacked-stone buildings of mythical Serka Zong sag and buckle under the weight of time. But time cannot erase the beauty of the structures' intricately carved window frames nor the significance of the symbolic earth-based colors layered upon walls to protect against perceived dark forces.
Though situated on the Florida flatlands at Disney's Animal Kingdom, the mountain village anchoring the Expedition Everest attraction welcomes Walt Disney World guests with such architectural authenticity that those who've been to Nepal or Tibet can only nod in wonder.
Walt Disney: Quote . . . Unquote
– "To the youngsters of today, I say believe in the future, the world
is getting better; there still is plenty of opportunity. Why, would
you believe it, when I was a kid I thought it was already too late
for me to make good at anything."