The American Adventure Highlights ‘Dreamers and Doers’ of American History
– The American Adventure, the flagship pavilion of Epcot World Showcase, celebrates the spirit of America's history and diversity. The pavilion is home to the American Adventure show, housed inside a 108,000-square-foot Georgian-style mansion. In the dramatic 29-minute presentation, one of the most elaborate ever created using Audio-Animatronics figures, hosts Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain take guests on a journey into the birth of a new nation and the resulting spirit of its creation.
“Honey” Wows Its Shrinking Audience
– “HONEY, I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE” – A tiny glitch in Professor Szalinski’s shrinking machine brings on big problems for Epcot guests during the zany 3D misadventure “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.” Flying debris, scurrying creatures and a colossal canine are all part of the show in an adventure that has Epcot guests screaming – and ...
Popular Purple Dragon at Epcot Demonstrates the Power of Imagination
– IMAGINE THIS — Figment is back. The playful purple dragon who captured millions of hearts at Walt Disney World Resort returns to Epcot’s Journey Into Imagination attraction and takes over the place. In the revamped attraction, now called Journey Into Imagination with Figment, guests tour The Imagination Institute with its president Dr. Nigel Channing, who also presides over the ”Honey, I ...
Mission: SPACE . . . Launching an Adventure Through Technology
– Creating a first-of-its kind attraction that would combine unique aerospace technology with classic Disney storytelling presented a world of technical challenges to Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative development and design arm of the Disney theme parks. Specifically, how would Imagineers use technology to create a realistic experience of rocketing to Mars? The answers are found in technical know-how and innovation, research and consultation with space professionals, and a dramatic storyline inviting guests to explore a new world.
‘IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth’ is Nightly Epcot Finale
– LIGHT THE NIGHT — Spectacular fireworks synchronized to a symphonic score burst above Epcot’s World Showcase Lagoon during IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Lasers, a revolving Earth globe and leaping flames co-star in the 13-minute spectacle. IllumiNations is the nightly finale at Epcot. (Permission is hereby granted to intended addressee magazine and newspaper to reproduce this ...
Norway Pavilion Brings Excitement of Scandinavia to Epcot
– Norway, gateway to Scandinavia, features an exciting ride-through adventure, shops and restaurants at Walt Disney World Epcot.
The 58,000-square-foot pavilion is located between Mexico and China overlooking World Showcase Lagoon. On display is Norway's rich, seafaring history as well as its innovative leadership in fields such as shipping and underwater technology.
No Passports Required! Epcot is the World Tour of Shopping
– MAKE A WISH — Lanterns (genie included) are among glittery wares at the Morocco pavilion tempting Epcot shoppers at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Wishes are free, says Nora Chmiti of Morocco, a hostess in Epcot World Showcase. Epcot, featuring eleven countries-in-miniature, is a shopper’s delight for the holidays or any ...