Centuries of Culture Come to Life in Epcot Japan Pavilion
– Along the shoreline of the lagoon, a bright red torii gate, patterned after one in Itsukushima, welcomes visitors. A plaque inscribed in calligraphy proclaims "Japan."
Japan is one of eleven international villages around World Showcase at Epcot, the Walt Disney World theme park of discovery.
Epcot Fact Sheet
– Epcot – logo EPCOT’S SHINING ICON – Spaceship Earth is the visual and thematic centerpiece of Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The geodesic dome weighs 16 million pounds and the outer “skin” of Spaceship Earth is made up of 11,324 aluminum and plastic-alloy triangles. The attraction inside Spaceship Earth ...
The American Adventure Highlights ‘Dreamers and Doers’ of American History
– The American Adventure, the flagship pavilion of Epcot World Showcase, celebrates the spirit of America's history and diversity. The pavilion is home to the American Adventure show, housed inside a 108,000-square-foot Georgian-style mansion. In the dramatic 29-minute presentation, one of the most elaborate ever created using Audio-Animatronics figures, hosts Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain take guests on a journey into the birth of a new nation and the resulting spirit of its creation.
Mission: SPACE . . . Launching an Adventure Through Technology
– Creating a first-of-its kind attraction that would combine unique aerospace technology with classic Disney storytelling presented a world of technical challenges to Walt Disney Imagineering, the creative development and design arm of the Disney theme parks. Specifically, how would Imagineers use technology to create a realistic experience of rocketing to Mars? The answers are found in technical know-how and innovation, research and consultation with space professionals, and a dramatic storyline inviting guests to explore a new world.
“Honey” Wows Its Shrinking Audience
– “HONEY, I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE” – A tiny glitch in Professor Szalinski’s shrinking machine brings on big problems for Epcot guests during the zany 3D misadventure “Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.” Flying debris, scurrying creatures and a colossal canine are all part of the show in an adventure that has Epcot guests screaming – and ...
Norway Pavilion Brings Excitement of Scandinavia to Epcot
– Norway, gateway to Scandinavia, features an exciting ride-through adventure, shops and restaurants at Walt Disney World Epcot.
The 58,000-square-foot pavilion is located between Mexico and China overlooking World Showcase Lagoon. On display is Norway's rich, seafaring history as well as its innovative leadership in fields such as shipping and underwater technology.