Disney’s Animal Kingdom Fun Facts
– In preparation for creating Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a core team of seven Walt Disney Imagineers, led by executive designer Joe Rohde, crisscrossed the globe in search of the essential look of life in the wild, amassing more than 500,000 miles . . . a distance equal to circling the globe 20 times. Sixty ...
Tree of Life Tells Stories in Sculpture at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
– Tree of Life Tells Stories in Sculpture — At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, it is a tree like none other, rising 14 graceful stories into the sky above streams, flowers and exotic birds. The Tree of Life stands 145 feet tall at the heart of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World Resort in ...
Historic British Trains Live Again on Wildlife Express
– For most of Disney's Animal Kingdom
guests, Wildlife Express to Rafiki's Planet Watch is a novel way to
travel by rail behind the scenes. It runs from the African village
of Harambe past state-of-the-art animal care facilities to Rafiki's
Planet Watch, an interactive, fun-filled center of activity
focusing on animals worldwide.
DINOSAUR Brings Prehistoric Thrills to Disney
– DINO-MITE! — Special Disney magic brings dinosaurs back to life for the most thrilling of adventures — DINOSAUR — in DinoLand U.S.A. at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Aboard time-traveling vehicles, guests will be whisked back 65 million years on a lurching, twisting journey to save the last dinosaur from extinction. 398-157
Disney Designers Create Colorful Animal Fashions
– Disney's Animal Kingdom costume designers
have created a colorful line of animal-inspired fashions for
the park's 2,500 cast members to help create an atmosphere of fun
and high adventure in everything from safari wear to color-bright
Stories Unfold Through Shows and Entertainment at Disney’s Animal
– A LION KING EXTRAVAGANZA — Performers in African tribal robes join the animal heroes of the Disney classic film “The Lion King” for a rousing performance of the “Festival of the Lion King” in Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park. The show, which also features high-wire aerialists and hit music from the film, is performed daily ...
“It’s Tough to be a Bug!” Even at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
– They outnumber humans 200 million to one. They've lived on Earth more than 300 million years. They comprise 80 percent of the animal kingdom, so you'd think the numbers would count for something. Not so, says the army of insects that spins the yarn "It's Tough to be a Bug" inside the 430-seat Tree of Life theater at Disney's Animal Kingdom.