Disney Leads Team to South Africa on Special Mission: Elephant Sterilizations
– LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla., April 20, 2011 – A two-week visit to South Africa requires thoughtful planning, a good book for the long flights and efficient packing skills. Now imagine that your trip includes a vasectomy – for an elephant. Better not forget anything. As they prepare to leave from Orlando International Airport April 22, ...
WILD AFRICA TREK: Adventure comes alive in Wild Africa Trek at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
– Soundbites with Joe Rohde, Walt Disney Imagineer B-Roll of “Wild Africa Trek” in Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World Resort Wild Africa Trek — Adventure comes alive in Wild Africa Trek, an exciting new experience at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. The new add-on offering invites intrepid explorers to up-close encounters with the park’s wildlife. As ...
Thrills of Africa Come to Walt Disney World Resort
– New ‘Wild Africa Trek’ Takes Guests on Adventure into Most-Remote Reaches of Disney’s Animal Kingdom LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — A ravine of menacing-looking crocs, pools of hippos, bushwalks along untracked terrain and other thrills await guests on Wild Africa Trek, a unique wildlife experience scheduled to launch Jan. 16, 2011, into the deepest, most-remote ...
Safari So Good at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
– A Very Wild Time — Passengers journey through the “wild” savannah watching as lions, zebra, giraffes and gazelles roam freely on Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park. The popular Walt Disney World attraction takes guests on an open-air safari vehicle through an African savannah. (Disney) ON SAFARI – At Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme ...
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Fun Facts
– In preparation for creating Disney’s Animal Kingdom, a core team of seven Walt Disney Imagineers, led by executive designer Joe Rohde, crisscrossed the globe in search of the essential look of life in the wild, amassing more than 500,000 miles . . . a distance equal to circling the globe 20 times. Sixty ...
Meet Disney Characters ‘In the Wild’ at Camp Minnie-Mickey
– Mickey Mouse and his good friend, Minnie, have just settled in for
a welcome respite and a cold lemonade. Winnie the Pooh and his
Hundred-Acre Wood pals are taking a break from their latest great
adventure for a "smackeral" of relaxation. Rafiki, Terk and other
beloved Disney friends have arrived to enjoy their favorite
vacation escape, the Adirondack-style Camp Minnie-Mickey at
Disney's Animal Kingdom.